Jemaki's Southern Jaunt..

2 hours ago, SwanR said:

Thanks for the update Jemaki. Best wishes to Eileen. Is that you staying put where you are for a while or have you made plans?

Thanks to all for the good wishes and offers of a lift, we will stay here for now as Eileen is back for an assessment on Monday to see if a plate is needed, I have had a word with the Parish Council chappy and I'm OK to moor here for more than the designated 24hrs, all I need do now is get her back on board....anybody got a winch? 🙂

20210605_155828.jpg

20210605_155759.jpg

10 minutes ago, SwanR said:

Looks like a nice spot. 😎

I think that we are the only visiting boat probably due to the bridge height, its very idyllic. I can recommend the River Garden pub for drink hospitality and food, very good.

Just a quick update - Double fracture - no operation, just a boot..and she can weight bear...so the kitchen is doable 🙂

Thanks for all the good wishes and offers of help.

20210607_123200.jpg

20210607_123138.jpg

8 minutes ago, Jemaki said:

Just a quick update - Double fracture - no operation, just a boot..and she can weight bear...so the kitchen is doable 🙂

Thanks for all the good wishes and offers of help

The next x ray will be of John with a frying pan embedded in his head ! :default_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Hi John and Eileen. Just got back to see you had moved on. Glad to hear that plating isn’t required. Just make sure you keep your back to the wall incase off flying objects John.

All the best to you both. 
Colin and Ruth 

2 hours ago, Islander said:

Hi John and Eileen. Just got back to see you had moved on. Glad to hear that plating isn’t required. Just make sure you keep your back to the wall incase off flying objects John.

All the best to you both. 
Colin and Ruth 

Thanks guy's sorry we missed you, we will give you a shout next time we are back your way.

Regards

John & Eileen. 

1 hour ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Glad to hear the injury isn’t as severe as it could have been , although still bad enough .

Hope Eileen makes a speedy recovery and I’m sure you’ll pander and wait on her until she is back to 100%

Thanks Simon, hope you are recovering well, I'm sure we will catch up at Ranworth again soon.

Best wishes 

John & Eileen 

Thorpe St Andrews is a lovely little stretch of river, no hustle and bustle of hire boats or dayboats (the few dayboats that are there appear to be electric?) just canoes & paddle boards, really enjoyed the River Garden pub which was very friendly and the food first class, but whilst we enjoyed our 5 days moored on the green,(opposite the now closed Buck on the Green pub), we are wandering souls who don't like to dwell in one place for too long so it was nice to be back on the open river cruising and I was a little surprised to get a mooring at Rockland St Mary at 5:30pm, we arrived at low water and I moored stern on which is fairly easy for one person to achieve and as Eileen could not climb out of Jemaki because of her predicament I decided to represent both of us at the New Inn over the road...and I am currently imbibing a couple or four well earned 🍺....cheers.

We had a pleasant final night at Rockland St Mary on our extended Southern adventure enjoying a couple of beers in the sun on the terrace at the New Inn. Departing today just after lunch at 13:30pm in order to catch the 4:55pm slack water at Great Yarmouth and actually passing the Yacht Station at exactly 5pm, thinking we would stay at Acle for the night we were a bit jaded to see it was completely full on both sides of the river so carried on and eventually found a mooring at Thurne arriving at 8:30pm in time to catch a nice sunset. Thoroughly enjoyed the South especially Pyes Mill and Thorpe St Andrews (in spite of the mishaps) looking forward the heading that way again soon.

20210608_221523.jpg

Glad you enjoyed it ‘down South’ despite the mishap (hope Eileen is recovering from her injury btw).  Pyes Mill is one of our favourite moorings, so much better than the basin at Loddon.  We also prefer Short Dyke to Rockland Staithe and walking along the footpath to the pub, but given the current circumstances, the shorter hobble from the Staithe to the New Inn is much easier for Eileen!!

We’ll look out for you when we’re back on the northern side, hopefully in September!!

• Like 1

The problem with short dyke at rockland is when you are sat in the pub watching a huge storm build to suddenly remember the sunroof and hatch are open and it's now torrential rain and lightning everywhere, although I think the cyclists that had just made a bolt back for brundall via postwick viaduct had a much wetter time of it, we arrived the next day in bright sun at the ferryhouse with the mattress strapped across the roof drying out......

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

What is not surprising is how good that photo is

Griff

Samsung A12 phone Griff...point and shoot. I have a Canon SLR with lenses which I hardly ever use.

Wow....departed Thurne at 10am we haven't reached St Bents yet and we have we have already seen more boats than we saw in 2 weeks down South!...and everyone is 100mph - hirers, privates and dayboats..

1 minute ago, grendel said:

I can still remember the day cruising on the bure and turning up the Ant, heading along at the speed limit with everyone passing me, only to find out i had the gps set for km/hr rather than mph.

And I bet it was one of your most enjoyable cruises up the Ant ever 

We are finally back at our mooring which is off the main river in Horning and is nice and peaceful 🙂, but its warm work this shopping lark so the Ferry Inn sounds like a good idea 🍺 🍻 🧊 

20210609_141525.jpg

received_746367089227055.jpeg

• 2 months later...