The worlds first Dauntless Grill boat

I dont think the title is a lie, i doubt anyone else has turned a old Dauntless from canvy island into a outside BBQ grill.

This is in the Garden of the 'Ship inn' Mundesley up on the cliff top of the north norfolk coast, I was contacted by the owner of the Ship and asked if i would be interested in the project, and not liking to turn a job down i said yes, My brief was to build the cockpit up to make a usable space but still retaining some boat shape,and although its a bit like a transit van i have seen worse shaped boats! its finished now but was about 95% in these pics.

The current owner of the ship has alot of vision (perhaps a bit too much at times) but he and the current manager and staff have turned a pub with a terrible reputation into a happy comfortable place to eat and drink, thats my honest opinion having spent a few weeks there cheersbar , i can also say that i have seen the Kitchen and know the cheff's and hygine is of a very very high standand the foods pretty good too :) .

Back to the Boat, its had retired and was well past economic repair, shes an old wooden Dauntless that had been fibre glassed around at some piont, and now its a novel outside kitchen, it has more kit inside than i care to list! she has been named 'Lil Ship'.

If your around that area go and have a look, its not somthing you see everyday! i belive the plan is to have the lil Ship open all summer and having tasted a grilled mackrell roll i can recommend the flame grilled fresh fish.

post-1162-136713828834_thumb.jpg

post-1162-136713828839_thumb.jpg

post-1162-136713829083_thumb.jpg

Hello MBA, I promise if i'm ever that way i'll buy a hotdog, but i have studied the piccies for almost an hour now and cant help thinking that the Transit van and the Chris Craft that i own may be just a tad miffed that they were likened to either, glad to see health and safety is adhered to with the barrier tape though :clap

Hello MBA, I promise if i'm ever that way i'll buy a hotdog, but i have studied the piccies for almost an hour now and cant help thinking that the Transit van and the Chris Craft that i own may be just a tad miffed that they were likened to either, glad to see health and safety is adhered to with the barrier tape though :clap

Wommy, one file i failed when trying to upload was the before pic with a schetch/doodle on top, this became the design and technical drawing!

The barrier tape didnt last long, people took liking to pulling it off every night!

The most anoying question of the project was people asking on a regular bacis "is it going back to sea?" answer: The transom has been cut down well below the water line, it has holes in the bottom for Gas, water, electric and drains, no engine or steering! its only going back in the sea if the cliff falls down! and if it was a renovation project why would i choose a pub garden to build it? People gotta love them!