Countdown To Cornwall.

No long now,early start  Monday,if all goes well should  be there for breakfast.Marina just booked us in.Booked me in for a swim Monday afternoon.Hope I don't sink.Not sure how much we can pac in,back home Friday,we will make the most of it.We are staying in a caravan,Park Dean, East Looe.May have to have baby food(not).Had a tooth pulled this morning.So enjoy little treats! Cats off on there holidays tomorrow in the cattery.Hope they forgive us.

Will post some photos  next week.

• Like 3

Enjoy it, Ian!!  Looe is one of my favourite places in Cornwall.  We’re going to stay near The Lizard for a week towards the end of the month, for a break postponed from the same time last year, but will be calling in to Looe for a mosey about on the way through and to get a couple of pasties from Sarah’s Pasty Shop in Buller Street.  Don’t eat them all before I get there!!!!!

• Like 1

We love Cornwall. Giving it a miss this year in favour of the Lake District and Scotland but will definitely be down that way next year for a couple of weeks in the van.

Hopefully it might be a bit less busy next year :) 

• Like 1

Got to Looe at about 10.15.Sat on the front overlooking the beach.Got some very nice fish for this evening. Had a good look round  the town. Came away midday. Very busy.At the van now.Take things easy.Have a bite to eat and a swim later.

Some photos  from this morning. 

20210607_094133.jpg

20210607_104952_001.jpg

20210607_102223.jpg

20210607_102226_001.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 1

We looked into it but think  it was fully  booked.Today Padstow. Not sure about tomorrow. We hoped to go to Tintagel,the problem  is my mobility which is poor.We still have done well.With four and a bit days not easy to see every thing.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

. . . . . . . . . . . We still have done well.With four and a bit days not easy to see every thing.

You need to go again and for longer.  Cornwall is a very scenic county, with many picturesque fishing villages tucked away around the coast and a spectacular coastline.

Enjoy the rest of your trip!  As happy as we are to have moved to Norfolk, Cornwall (to me, at least) is a very special place, particularly around Looe, probably because it is the location of the first holiday I can really remember as a small child with my mum and dad.

Deb and I are looking forward to going later this month and the mere mention of some place names and the sight of a couple of photos are making me look forward even more keenly!!

• Like 2

The site we usually stay on when we are in Cornwall is just up the road from Mevagissey in Boswinger. It is walkable to Mevagissey. Love that area of Cornwall.

Can't wait to go back at some point. Maybe next year.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

We hoped to go to Tintagel,the problem  is my mobility which is poor.

Tintagel castle used to be a big problem, but they have built a new bridge across - quite spectacular and one that doesn't quite meet in the middle! Coupled with the Land Rover transfer it shouldn't be a problem with poor mobility. Enjoy Cornwall - there are lots of great places to visit.

DSCN3155.JPG

• Like 1

As I've  said we considered  Tintagel but ruled it out.Marina have a look at the Eden project, but fully booked.Most bookable places  are booked some time in advance. Yesterday  we went to the shipwreck museum  in Charlestown, very good.Charestown is not big,but  some nice pubs,Restaurants and not as busy as some parts.

Yes would  love to come back. Let's hope we can in town.