Bridgecraftboatyard.com

Broads01

Guest Jayfire

Brilliant boatyard, always looked after me and if I was hiring would always be my first port of call.

Glad to see they have their own site now

I've followed them on fb for sometime now, They have a very good reputation indeed. I enjoy reading there winter maintenance post. I'm always amazed at how much damage these boats pick up during a season and just how quickly they are repaired. I see on the yards website that they offer private moorings at bradsgate, no idea where that is but I assume it's Stalham way. I also didn't realise they offer dayboats for hire. Someone at the yard is becoming a very good drone pilot. Some good short areial vids on fb of the yard and surrounding area. Decent first attempt at a website.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Broads01 said:

As it happens I'm hiring from them for the first time next month. The positive comments they consistently receive haven't gone unnoticed so I'm really glad I'll get to try them out for myself.

Hi Simon, can I ask what boat you are having. 

I will be interested to hear how you rate the yard when you get back.

Their boats always look very smart and well turned out but the interiors look very dated and their pet charges are a little high despite all of their boats being pet friendly.

19 minutes ago, Cal said:

I will be interested to hear how you rate the yard when you get back.

Their boats always look very smart and well turned out but the interiors look very dated and their pet charges are a little high despite all of their boats being pet friendly.

I'd agree with you on the interiors, quite a few of the older boats could do with updating internally. The same could of been said for quite a few of the old summercraft fleet. Looked absolutely immaculate on the outside but internally the upholstery, galley units etc were past there sell by date. I remember being quite surprised by all the water stained wood in the saloon on grecian girl and well worn upholstery. Immaculately clean but a bit of a let down.

19 minutes ago, andyg said:

I'd agree with you on the interiors, quite a few of the older boats could do with updating internally. The same could of been said for quite a few of the old summercraft fleet. Looked absolutely immaculate on the outside but internally the upholstery, galley units etc were past there sell by date. I remember being quite surprised by all the water stained wood in the saloon on grecian girl and well worn upholstery. Immaculately clean but a bit of a let down.

The Silverline fleet are the same.

Although there is probably nothing wrong with them, they are not the most modern interiors.

56 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

The reports from Silverline customers are always very good, a friend of mine has hired from them on several occasions.

I'm sure they are and they are another fleet that is very well turned out but the interiors of their older boats at least could do with updating now.

They are another fleet that have a very high pet charge as well!

Until we went into a syndicate, Silverline was always the first choice. They are just so well presented and equipped. We found them to be a very professional yard, everything seemed to run like clockwork. Some find their regime too formal but we found it the right balance and resulted in a good experience. 

Fred

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, trambo said:

Until we went into a syndicate, Silverline was always the first choice. They are just so well presented and equipped. We found them to be a very professional yard, everything seemed to run like clockwork. Some find their regime too formal but we found it the right balance and resulted in a good experience. 

Agree with all of that Fred. Our first choice too. We had Symphony twice and Harmony once. Really well turned out boats. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, andyg said:

Hi Simon, can I ask what boat you are having. 

Forth Bridge 2, Andy. Just my son and myself aboard so tons of space. I'm very much a fan of low level dual steers - I can't understand why nobody seems to make them anymore.

9 hours ago, andyg said:

I'd agree with you on the interiors, quite a few of the older boats could do with updating internally.

On the basis of the photos I'd agree. They offer good value for money though and as long as the service is good and everything's clean and working that'll do me.

7 hours ago, YnysMon said:

When we were hiring I really fancied trying out Silverline, but the fee they were charging for pets put us off. 

A couple of years ago I was just about to click the "Book Now" button until I realised they were charging £70 for a dog. Having said that, I know they're basically a good company and I may hire from them in the not too distant future. 

• Like 3

Looking back on my days refitting shops, I bet refitting boats is a very expensive undertaking and not cheap either.

If you haven't got a big yard with many different departments able to step in it must be time consuming as well.

Add in the ever changing expectations of hirers and the relentless pace of technology it must be one hell of a struggle for the smaller yards.

A bit like an arms race with the other yards.

For an example, when I first hired in the early 90's, we still had gas heating and gas fridge and the tv was an extra.

• 6 months later...

Some good pictures posted recently on bridgecraft fb page of there winter maintenance programme. Several new engines waiting to be fitted ( don't know what boats tho ) forth bridge 2 is having the damage to its stern repaired ( I noticed the damage in October) quite a big job etc. Always interesting see what they get upto over the winter months. The engines alone represents a fair investment I guess, no idea how much one would cost. But looks like there very busy. Looking at there advanced booking 22 appears to be another busy season for them. 

• Like 2

Their fb updates are great, and they clearly keep on top of maintenance and look after the boats well

I have been waiting for Golden Bridge to re-apprear on their website or Hoseasons after they announced its return  last year but still nothing.... is it for private hires or something strange?

With very few smaller yards it's great to have a well located, well maintained offering with some good value price tags and good boats for the money... perhaps if (as another member recently suggested to me & I had to agree) they could choose some updated flooring colours/choices (that red lino!) they would be even better

Dan

• Like 2

On 06/01/2022 at 19:50, Dan said:

Their fb updates are great, and they clearly keep on top of maintenance and look after the boats well

I have been waiting for Golden Bridge to re-apprear on their website or Hoseasons after they announced its return  last year but still nothing.... is it for private hires or something strange?

With very few smaller yards it's great to have a well located, well maintained offering with some good value price tags and good boats for the money... perhaps if (as another member recently suggested to me & I had to agree) they could choose some updated flooring colours/choices (that red lino!) they would be even better

Dan

I think most of the fleet could do with some upgrades,But some nice holy and teak flooring wouldn't go a miss and would definitely freshen the interiors up. That said they are incredibly well priced and like you say a well looked after fleet.