Water Rail Out And About - June 2021

grendel

24 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

There's also Herringfleet, though I haven't discovered any footpaths from the moorings yet. It was a decent enough stretch of moorings for our collie to have a run up and down though. 

I dont believe there are any footpaths from those moorings, there are signs saying as much there, but i good spot in an emergency for a doggie stop.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

There's also Herringfleet, though I haven't discovered any footpaths from the moorings yet. It was a decent enough stretch of moorings for our collie to have a run up and down though. 

Once upon a time you could walk from the Herringfleet moorings to the mill and a good way inland too. The landowner has now claimed back any ‘rights of way’ and fenced them off. It’s a great shame but the moorings are still useful for a wee stop. 

• Like 1

On 25/06/2021 at 12:29, vanessan said:

It’s really only just ‘around the corner’ from Berney Arms. Doesn’t take long at all. We came past the Burgh Castle moorings this morning and they are beginning to look good. I don’t think it will be too long before they are open again. 

I’ll just add to the above that Burgh Castle itself is well worth a visit. Lovely and easy walk from The Fisherman’s moorings, anyone with a dog would appreciate it too. It does get popular in the summer as it is a fabulous place to picnic and the car park gets quite full. 

i will start adding pictures and video clips soon, as i was shattered when i got home yesterday, 4 hours cruise to home moorings and a 3 1/2 hour deive home, really did for me.everything has been loaded to my computer, I just have to look through what i have and upload it.

• Like 3

as i was shattered when i got home yesterday, 4 hours cruise to home moorings and a 3 1/2 hour drive home, really did for me.

What? - You southern Jessie :default_laugh:    :default_hiding: You need a better butcher and some real ale and a proper manual job!

Very much looking forward to the photo's / video clips all the same

Griff

• Haha 2