Man-eating swan!

mbird

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Swans can be vicious little b.....ds sometimes. I can remember my dad washing down the side decks of the Aston Orion, and a swan went for him. Protected species or not, if they start attacking me, the swan may stand a good chance of becoming our lunch :naughty::naughty::naughty::lol::lol::lol: . What you have to be careful of Mark, is they are not carrying the Wiels desease with them. Wiels desease is getting more and more common now in all freshwater environments, due to idiots thinking rats are cuddly things written about in "the wind in the willows" that can`t harm anybody. Quite a few fishermen (and women?) have contracted the desease simply by being "pricked" by the smallest of hooks, so it`s quite possible for a swan, which is probably imune to it, can carry it, as could possibly any water based creature. Better be careful in future Mark?. Regards and best wishes .................. Neil.

Flossy was sitting on the swim platform looking to see if there were any fish when a Swan came along and hissed at her, she just gave it a good batting with both paws and it buggered off sharpish. :oops:

I actually took a course on how to "catch" a swan at Egham. Once you have grabbed hold of one it's quite easy to fold their wings back into place, pick them up and stick them under your arm. They are normally very docile after this, the only exception are black swans which for some reason are real evil buggers and will go for your eyes.

Swan Lifeline on the Thames used to consist of an old boy with a crutch hobbling after them, was quite amusing to watch. We often used to lend them a dayboat but had to remove the cushions so it could be hosed out afterwards :shock:

m"help i'm being eaten by a swan"bird:

Are you sure this was an attack?

Having studied the footage I feel the daddy swan might have mistaken your pearly white shins and thought it a lady swans neck. The subsequent preening was a sign of amorous intent!!

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

So you allowed the swan to bite you to be nursed yet again. :naughty::naughty::naughty:

Yeah, but knowing you two your supply of medicinals are all in blue cans with ring-pulls on top :naughty::naughty::lol::lol: