Battle of Studland Bay

OK It may not necessarily be on our doorstep, but please remember that MCZs are also being taked about around the estuaries and Suffolk coastling with the same enthusiasm as down-grading mechanical rights of way to footpaths and bridleways. Either way, this rather devisive peice in the Telegraph is set to get the 'Water Ramblers' out in force!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/wildli ... d-Bay.html

Just to introduce the alternative argument, Why are the sea horses there in the first place? is it because so many boats anchoring in the area stirs up the sea grass to create the perfect environment?

From what I have read there is no evidence to suggest that anchoring has ever created a problem in the area, partly because they made such a mess of setting up the voluntary no anchor area that no one knew where it was. Despite collecting no meaningful data they have decided to try and push it through anyway.

It's pointless providing environmental degree courses if upon graduation there are no jobs available.

If you drop an anchor it's obvious that you will probably clonk one over the head!!

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi all, Karen and i will be meeting up with some friends for a quiz night tonight, and one of our team is a lady called Emma who is the team manager for the National Trust at Studland, so i`l ask her what is exactly going on with this, as she may also know something about the whole (politically corrupt?) scheme around the coast. There again she might not know anything at all :lol: .

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

I forgot to say, if any of the "Salty bottoms club" ever venture this far south, Studland is a really beautiful place to anchor, and you can then take a short trip back into Poole harbour. Karen and i often pop over to Studland bay for a wallk along the beach and a (not very) healthy cream tea. I love Norfolk and the Broads, but down here in Dorset, we have some truly stunning places too. Regards and best wishes to all ..................... Neil.