Forum Update

6 minutes ago, psychicsurveyor said:

It is a new thing with the update.

Badges hold no fascination so I will ignore them, I certainly won't get upset by something outside the Forums control and I will ignore everyones badge and judge the member on the merit of their posts, like we all have always done.

Having been through it all before elsewhere I couldnt agree more.

Stay Calm And Carry On.

• Like 1

since there is a general feeling that this is unnecessary we have turned the achievements off for the moment, so are once again rankless and badgeless, however should the majority feel it is necessary it can be turned on again in the future, really all it does is bloat the storage needed for the forum with its logs and records.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Meantime said:

You can say what you like about this forum, but there's not many forums that can boost over 2000 newbies overnight! :default_norty::default_hiding:

ok ok I take it back. We must be doing something wrong now, we seem to have lost 2000 newbies overnight! :default_rofl::default_jumelles:

5 hours ago, grendel said:

since there is a general feeling that this is unnecessary we have turned the achievements off for the moment, so are once again rankless and badgeless,

I have to say I think that would be prudent.  When I first saw this I made a few jokes, to keep it light hearted but as the day wore on it started to take on possibly contentious overtones.  Especially when I saw Griff ranked as a rookie!

What finished it for me was the appearance of the title "grand master". Not at all appropriate for a discussion forum about boating holidays on the Broads. This is not a masonic lodge.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Vaughan said:

What finished it for me was the appearance of the title "grand master". Not at all appropriate for a discussion forum about boating holidays on the Broads. This is not a masonic lodge.

Yes, If we were to bring it back there would have to be some work done redefining the titles of the ranks, there is nothing worse than an american idea of what you need on the forum, what may suit youngsters and be what youngsters expect from a forum, is not what we really want or need.

• Like 1