A Summer Of Sport.

Yesterday  the first day at Wimbledon. First on Djokovic.Even though  he won against  Jack Draper.Jack played  really well,taking the first set.He played some very good Tennis.At 19 think he's got a good chance in future. Andy Murray won he's first match.

And tonight England  v Germany. England  need to up there game.It must be our turn to win.I really enjoy Tennis and Cricket in the summer.We just need a bit more sunshine. 

• Like 1

Yesterday was a joy to watch and I dont even like football.    Good that the teams played their hearts out and that it went to extra time on both occasions, a bit of a shame that the penalty part is so final and harsh because both teams played well.   My only criticism is this,    will they please stop chucking themselves on the pitch every time someone gets near to them.   It is stupid.   Makes them look stupid.     May be to stop this fouling every two seconds , clock up 7 fouls and it is a penalty.  That would soon sort it out.

I just loved the tennis and when Andy Murray came out - the other sofa professed , oh well, one set and he will be off as he is not fit -  not fit, crumbs he was like a dynamo on that court.  Well done Andy.   He was playing a very very good player.

As for England v Germany.     Obviously we would all like England to win but they are like a limp rag compared to some of these teams, even the lesser known ones.    As for all this Harry Kane hype,   is there no one else in the team?   Just an opinion from someone who does not follow or even like football.

• Like 1

Hi Grendel it's a summer of all Sports . Wimbledon Tennis 🎾 as it's Rains Football  Rain or Shines England should Win . One Day 🏏 on Thursday Falling asleep day . Rugby 🏉  World Cup on soon . The Grand Prix with Hamilton at the Cheque flay I hope. As the TV on Boats will be going full blast with Battery's gone Flat unless on a Hook up? 

5 minutes ago, Andrewcook said:

Hi Grendel it's a summer of all Sports . Wimbledon Tennis 🎾 as it's Rains Football  Rain or Shines England should Win . One Day 🏏 on Thursday Falling asleep day . Rugby 🏉  World Cup on soon . The Grand Prix with Hamilton at the Cheque flay I hope. As the TV on Boats will be going full blast with Battery's gone Flat unless on a Hook up? 

Ah, so all the more reason to not turn the TV on for a few weeks then, thats fine by me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hylander said:

Yesterday was a joy to watch and I dont even like football.    Good that the teams played their hearts out and that it went to extra time on both occasions, a bit of a shame that the penalty part is so final and harsh because both teams played well.   My only criticism is this,    will they please stop chucking themselves on the pitch every time someone gets near to them.   It is stupid.   Makes them look stupid.     May be to stop this fouling every two seconds , clock up 7 fouls and it is a penalty.  That would soon sort it out.

I just loved the tennis and when Andy Murray came out - the other sofa professed , oh well, one set and he will be off as he is not fit -  not fit, crumbs he was like a dynamo on that court.  Well done Andy.   He was playing a very very good player.

As for England v Germany.     Obviously we would all like England to win but they are like a limp rag compared to some of these teams, even the lesser known ones.    As for all this Harry Kane hype,   is there no one else in the team?   Just an opinion from someone who does not follow or even like football.

Seven fouls and it is a penalty will increase the pretending to be fouled not stop it! Overall the referees have been first class in this matter (didnt watch either match last night though) and the "hype" over Kane is because he does such a good job for the team whether he is scoring or not.  

2 hours ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

Seven fouls and it is a penalty will increase the pretending to be fouled not stop it! Overall the referees have been first class in this matter (didnt watch either match last night though) and the "hype" over Kane is because he does such a good job for the team whether he is scoring or not.  

I have to agree with your first point, couldn't agree with the second though. 

The only way to stop simulation is retrospective reviews, and long suspensions for layers found guilty. We have even seen the aforementioned Harry Kane go down in this tournament clutching his face like he's taken a right hook from Mike Tyson when replays showed very clearly there was no contact with his face. Review these, and where evidence is clear ban the player for 30 days, second offence make it 60 days. It is the only way you will stop these supposedly super fit highly trained incredibly strong men going down like a little kid every time the wind changes direction. 

Whilst in the subject of Harry Kane at present he is doing nothing for this England Team, and hasn't for some time. In fact his desperation for a goal is actually becoming a distraction both to the team and his own play. I don't particularly blame him, his form in the Premier League last season shows you what quality he has, but the position and role he is being asked to play by the manager just doesn't suit him. If you play Harry Kane you play him as a striker, an out and out number 9 rooted to the opponents penalty box, If not then don't play him as he cannot play this "false 10" link man job that Southgate has got him trying to do.

There are not as many genuinely world class players at this tournament as we have seen in previous incarnations. In the past you could look at teams like France, Spain, Germany and sometimes others and see world class players in every position, I don't think any team has more than three or four of them at present. Some of those from previous tournaments such as Ronaldo are now past there best. Sadly this dearth of quality runs to the England team too and one of our genuinely world class players (Alexander Arnold) is sadly sat at home injured. Another (Maguire) is coming back from injury and the other (Sterling) looks tired and lacking confidence, though is still finding the net thank God. 

I rather think the atmosphere in Rome on Saturday will be very much in favour of Ukraine. Only a few supporters for England. I was ashamed yesterday to hear the booing during the German national anthem and then every time the Germans got the ball. That sort of thing leaves a nasty taste in the mouth and is totally unnecessary. No wonder we have a poor reputation in Europe these days. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Mixed Results, but some very good ones.

Andy Murray lost in three sets yesterday. Today Cameron Norrie Lost to Federer. Cameron played very well and think he will do well in future. Dan Evans lost also yesterday. Today a real star in the Making.Emma Raducanu.Shes through to the second week.And only a wildcard.Think she will go a long way. Tonight  what a great result  4-0.Making five clean sheets.Now back to Wembley against  Denmark. Can we Dare to dream?

• Like 3

Summer of sport .. of course it is..

25th July to 31st July Wroxham regatta week

31st July to 5th August Horning regatta week,

7th August to 8th August Breydon water regatta.

14th 15th August Hickling broad regatta

22nd August to 27th August Oulton week.

28th August to 30th August Barton Broad regatta.

4th Sept Broadland youth regatta Wroxham.

And of course there is normal club sailing at up to eight clubs every day of the week though out the year.

15 minutes ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

I fear Italy, one puff of wind and they fall over in pain which is a shame as they are a talented team.

And soon recover if one of their team mates scores!!  Shameful behaviour demonstrated by one of their players in the Belgium game.  Could a yellow card not be awarded for simulation?

• Like 1

I was wrong about the possible atmosphere in the Rome stadium and I’m glad I was! It seemed a great atmosphere and I think the non-England supporters warmed to the team as the game went on. Maybe something to do with the great way they played. So good to watch. 

• Like 2

Just now, Mouldy said:

And soon recover if one of their team mates scores!!  Shameful behaviour demonstrated by on of their players in the Belgium game.  Could a yellow card not be awarded for simulation?

Straight red card for me for simulation in the penalty box.  Mr Kane another who goes down far too easily for me I`m afarid.

• Like 1