A Summer Of Sport.

Well well done Emma.A true champion.So grounded,which is so refreshing. Even winning  the US open its early  days,but Think she's got the making of one of the best champions  yet.Time of course  will decide if she is the best.lets hope that encourages others to take up Tennis and hopefully  produces other champions men and women. 

• Like 2

On 03/09/2021 at 19:14, Mouldy said:

At least they’re above Arsenal at the moment!!

Sadly, no longer. I can fully understand the reluctance to employ a "boom or bust" spending policy but I do wonder what is happening to the finances at Norwich, where is all the money going? I'm not a Norwich fan, you probably know that but have always had a soft spot for them because of my affinity with Norfolk so hopefully I can raise this from a balanced perspective?

In 2015/16 Norwich finished 19th, relegated from the prem and received 67.1m

in 2016/17 they received a "parachute" payment (for recently relegated clubs) of 40.9m

in 2017/18 they received a "parachute" payment (for recently relegated clubs) of 34m

In 2020 the Canaries finished 20th and last in the Premier League and received a payment from the Premier League of £94.5m, an increase of 87.4m from the 7.1m they received from the Football League the previous season. 

During that same time they have made a nett profit from player transfers of £42.3m 

The club declares no debt other than a 0.25m shareholder loan from Delia, so it can''t be that. The 2020/21 accounts as published by the EDP suggest an income of just under £120m, with 75% of that spent on the wage bill. That is ludicrous. By comparison Liverpool's current wage bill is around £130m, Arsenal £99m, Spurs less than £80m and Leicester City under £55m.

Look at the other two promoted teams last year, Watford have a wage bill of £30m and Brentford just £13m. So Norwich have a wage bill of £90m, I'd like to know who is getting all of that. 

On 03/09/2021 at 16:24, Heron said:

there is something wrong that leaves  nasty smell

You are dead right Heron, but it has nothing to do with the fixture list.