Hello

BigA

16 minutes ago, BigA said:

thought i would say hi, new to forum and boat ownership after a number of holidays on the Broads. Lets hope we have made the right decision after taking the plunge. 

20210619_121809.jpg

Hi.  Welcome.  Nice little Birchwood.  Hope its Diesel on shaft?  Have fun and stay safe.

Not that I’m superstitious but on my last boat I removed everything with the boats name on, tipped a stiff drink over the side so the god of the seas liked his new vessel and still kept her original name. 
must have worked because I didn’t sink. 
not that I’m superstitious or anything 

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, YnysMon said:

Welcome to the forum BigA. Hope to hear more about how you get on with your new boat. Hope you have many wonderful days on her.

:default_welcome:

Are you intending to keep the name 'May' or rename her?

Helen

Change the name ? i thought that was a big NO ?

We will be keeping the name May, suites her (and helps me remember the month i got married)

8 hours ago, Happy said:

Hi.  Welcome.  Nice little Birchwood.  Hope its Diesel on shaft?  Have fun and stay safe.

Diesel but outdrive.

4 hours ago, SwanR said:

Welcome along. Look forward to hearing how you feel about boat ownership. We’ve not been brave enough to take that step! 😂

not sure at the moment if brave is the right word :default_biggrin: but time will tell. 

• Like 1

welcome, I'm sure you will enjoy every minute being on her.

we are relatively new to boat ownership (Oct 2020),but its taken over our lives ....... we look forward to packing the car and drive down on Friday evening for a 'relaxing' weekend.

enjoy.

• Like 1

Welcome onboard BigA, enjoy a friendly forum.

15 hours ago, Regulo said:

I know someone who can get his boat to turn green without involving paint in the process at all! :default_biggrin:

So successfully, that he's having another crack at it. Going even bigger with it this time. If it works this time he could be making the paint manufacturers lose enormous amounts of revenue