Making a new mould (from an old one)

Hi Andy,

we have finished the hull and superstructure but the flybridge is being sorted before being put on the superstructure as when it is all together it will be too high to safely work on, it should be all together next week, I will get some photos then.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Andy,

She will have to leave the yard by road although with a tide like we have at the moment she may scrape through...

Here are some pictures taken on Friday now we have her together in the shed...

post-503-136713885504_thumb.jpg

post-503-136713885524_thumb.jpg

post-503-136713885548_thumb.jpg

post-503-136713885567_thumb.jpg

Clive

while down at the yard when they were pulling the hull out a lump of a tractor came around the corner what a sweet sounding diesel & from the looks of it somebody learning how to drive for the first time :lol::lol: big grey thing is that from an old airbase ? dad was rather intrigued & was itching to have ago :naughty::naughty:

Jonny

Hi Jonny,

She ia a David Brown Tugmaster...

we have two, the yellow one (Jessica) is the original one from the yard but is broken at the mo'

the blue one came from Johnsons yard at St Olaves when we bought everything there, Both were originally Petrol Parafin but we

converted them to diesel...

post-503-136713886559_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest DAYTONA-BILL

This one must be near completion by now, so have you got any updates on this one too Clive?. We all love lots of photo`s to look at ;);) .

• 2 weeks later...

I dont think she will be winning many races as she will have a 43hp engine on hydraulics!! but is built for the broads so does not need speed.

She may not be totally suited to the broads but is ideal for viewing the scenery form a decent height and as Perry says she looks really good :)

the hull, is designed to take twin outdrives but we put in a tunnel for a single shaft..

She is still due out early May so keep watching as the build will be moving fairly quickly now. Pop in and see me, I am normally about and happy to be distracted so pop in if I am not about try another time!

Hi Andy,

You are quite wrong, nothing is too good for our customers :grin:

There will be a second one built but not straight away, she seems to be booking well but Acle is not quite ready for a second one just yet

and we cant let her from Stalham.

Hi Andy,

You are quite wrong, nothing is too good for our customers :grin:

Granny & sucking eggs notwithstanding Clive, might this one be worth trying wet heating on, easier to install, plenty of hot water for morning showers without neighbour annoying running of unloaded propulsion motor etc. ?

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

I still think it would be better suited to the southern Broads, but then you have to open another yard southside. I`ve heard there`s some prime sites along the North shoreline of Oulton Broad, have you heard of it Clive ;););):lol::lol::lol: , After all, Richardson`s did start from there, so it would be like Richardsons coming home :naughty::naughty::naughty: .

I see what you are saying Neil but I will let my customers do the talking as to where they want to hire from ;) dad noticed an uplift in bookings when he moved in 1958 but I would never say never although the planners have been happy to convert yards to housing at the drop of a hat (unless I ask ! :lol: ) so yards are not viable anymore if you take the purchace into account

As for the wet heating systems we do run them on a few boats but apart from a nice towel rail in the shower room there is no major advantage as the Eberspachers fire up and heat when you need and there is 60 litres of hot water on board. Mind you we were going to put them on Broadsman but we changed our minds at the 11th hour as we were not sure how we were going to fit everything in or if there would be space for radiators and I did not want to run blower/matrixs in cabins.

its probably an option for the future although we did convert some back to hot air after the newer models electronics caused weekly breakdowns (kubola?)

electronics caused weekly breakdowns (kubola?)

Close Clive, it's Kabola and I'm really surprised as they are usually incredably reliable and the heater of choice for many live aboards because of their reputation. :o

• 3 weeks later...