Making a new mould (from an old one)

Hi Clive, thanks for the picture, she's looking fabulous, I think I've just chosen my next boat !! I notice when reading the earlier posts she will not get through any bridges other than Acle at low tide, just how high will she be ? Wont there be any chance of maybe squeezing her under Ludham bridge at low tide ?? There always seems to be a lot of space when I've gone through on other boats ! :roll:

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We dont really know how high she will be but suspect it will be between 9 and 10 feet, when she is launched we will measure her then take her via road to Wroxham for launching and trip to Acle..

I think Clives using this as prelude to making his own boat!! :naughty: he has indicated that he might be in the market for one?? :naughty::naughty:

;)

We sold a pub this week, that gives me the cash to develop my new top which has already been designed ;) , then I can build one

for myself which will go up for sale or be a demonstrator while not in use.

well thats the plan but I would not be suprised if it is substituted for an extra hire boat two guns

... then I can build one

for myself which will go up for sale or be a demonstrator while not in use.

well thats the plan but I would not be suprised if it is substituted for an extra hire boat two guns

That sounds a better plan... perhaps they could build a replacement for one of the hirefleet craft and you could have the retired boat as your own boat!

Dan

hi clive, saw the boat in the flesh this morn.. I was in yarmouth so poped over to stalham on the way back. I have to say she looks fantastic. im really thinking off booking her for next april now...is that the top mould for broadlander in the corner of the she ??

Hi Andy,

cheers, yes she is coming together well now, we plan on putting her in the water on Tuesday but will have to see, she is due for a trip by road to Wroxham on Thursday morning, we hope to have her up and running by then...

Yes, that is the 'Broadlander' mould in the shed, we hope to get back onto that one in a few weeks time, but first we have to build Carousel 2...

Colin,

I am going to make sure I go out on Broadsventure this year, all I need is a gas locker and BSS!

Andy,

I had 4 days on Broadsman over christmas including christmas day and lunch with Wifey two kids and a dog this is because I like to leave the hire boats for you all to enjoy over the summer. :cool: ( We also cooked Christmas dinner on board and Dad joined us at Womack! )

p.s. dont tell the yard about the dog ;)

I can,t believe I'm going to miss seeing the boat before it goes, I moor in the wet shed and keep saying every times I'm there "must go and see " but never end up getting around to it.

Clive when will the next one be ready for a look see, I'll make aa special effort to see it before it leaves. :grin:

Not Carousel but Far Horizon that was launched and transported yesterday to Wroxham ready for the onward journey to Riccos at Acle for final fitting out. Clive has some at the Wroxham end.

post-353-136713903332_thumb.jpg

post-353-136713903672_thumb.jpg

post-353-136713903696_thumb.jpg

post-353-136713903718_thumb.jpg

post-353-136713903741_thumb.jpg

Thanks Colin,

there are some good photos there, I could not take any of her on the trailer as I hurt my finger and had to go and sit down for 10 mins :cry

here are some of the interior. :dance

sorry there are no curtains yet :)

post-503-136713904273_thumb.jpg

post-503-136713904582_thumb.jpg

post-503-136713904604_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

sadley my broads holidays will be down to one a year from now on, due to my wife and daughter talking me into buying an overseas holiday home. but the upside to this is i get to choose the boat i want !! :) so iv gone for far horizon for next may. two reason really, she offers fantastic vaule for such a new boat, 2nd i can get the grand kidds upstairs to take in all the views ( and they wont moan if its overcast etc..) so well done richo on yet another good quality vaule for money boat..