Covid Pass

I see on the news that some places may require a covid pass to get into, for me I have found this rather frustration, as I dont have a phone that can access the NHS app, the pass is not available through the gp access, so I had to log into the nhs via the web page, this very kindly generated a QR code for me to flash from my mobile phone, I eventually found I could download it and print it out, but it only lasts 48 hours, so when I am on holiday, with no access to a printer, does this mean I will have to lug my laptop into a venue, to prove I have the passport.

I note if you are travelling abroad you can get one that lasts longer, but you have to provide additional information (i presume passport number- I dont have one).

or you can go through a different route and request a letter (this just confirms you have had the vaccine, but does not expire.

Am I wrong in this, but is the assumption being made that everyone has a smart mobile phone (useless to me as I cannot read the screen and the buttons are too small, I mean a keyboard has small buttons for my fingers, a phone.... forget it

• Like 1

Just now, marshman said:

No I think you might be  wrong. This is a letter which is sent to you - you do need your NHS number and only works if they can match it up!! Whether it does remains to be seen but worth a try.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/get-your-covid-pass-letter/

Is this good enough for what you need?

Plus it doesnt have an expiry date.

Same her Peter my phone is the size of a packet of ten woodbine's fits in top pocket of shirt with lanyard, one of my pals has just paid £1,300=00 for his, its water proof has to pay £29=00 per month i asked him how will he get it out of river it has no connection for a lanyard and dosnt float, does every thing else. John

14 minutes ago, marshman said:

No I think you might be  wrong. This is a letter which is sent to you - you do need your NHS number and only works if they can match it up!! Whether it does remains to be seen but worth a try.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/get-your-covid-pass-letter/

Is this good enough for what you need?

I am sure that for anywhere set up to do everything using the QR code on your phone, then it will still be as much hassle as digging out the sign in sheet for track and trace, but hopefully it will do the necessary and provide verification I have been stabbed twice by the nurses.

Still i would much rather have it checked and hopefully be safer having a meal out or a drink, than the alternative.

From my experience (in hospital).Tests have to be repeated every five days.For this to work ,it must be paper as well as the phone and app.Even with two jabs there's no guarantee your Covid  free.When I went into hospital it was assumed I had Covid until test was negative. 

On 17/07/2021 at 13:02, annv said:

Same her Peter my phone is the size of a packet of ten woodbine's fits in top pocket of shirt with lanyard, one of my pals has just paid £1,300=00 for his, its water proof has to pay £29=00 per month i asked him how will he get it out of river it has no connection for a lanyard and dosnt float, does every thing else. John

10 Woodbine you're showing your age, mind you at school i used to buy five players with my pocket money, But I do have a smart phone couldn't live without it it's got apps for everything yes the XXX ones as well (possibly just wishful thinking)

I was under the impression  the only time you'd need a covid pass was if you were planning on visiting a large event ie gig,sporting event or nightclub. Any venue on the broads ie pubs restaurants don't fall into this category so I don't see a problem when on holiday. All venues We use last week have relaxed their track and trace policies as far as I could see

I’ve got my my piece of paper, well... handwritten card,  on the face of it very easy to replicate & dog ear to authenticate, but I know inside I’ve done what I need to do. If businesses elect to over step the mark and demand more then I will happily step back and drink and dine elsewhere. I’ll continue to take personal responsibility but treating customers like kids trying to access a nightclub is a real put off for me, not sure I’d want to be in there. I respect authority where it is due but I won’t be disrespected by those with no authority.

My grandmother used to say it was no good keeping sheep on the lowlands of Norfolk, their feet will rot. They’d be ok if you take the higher ground though!