Day Boat Required

HI all. 

Am looking for a day boat. I would prefer something proper old school wooden but anything considered (please don't let it be a Seamaster!  lol)

Not too worried about a bit of work and can collect either by river or road.

I am sure there are plenty about... 

Ta muchly

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oldnew said:

Just curious as a newbie, is the problem with the Seamaster that they are often ex-hire boats or are there other issues?

No problems with the seamasters at all, proper bread and butter day boat and well thought of. All my boats are ex hire btw. 

I'm just more of a woodie fan and so my first choice is for something a bit older and maybe more unique.

This has made me wonder what happened to all the wooden dayboats that Loynes had?  We had 2 at Kris Cruisers for a couple of years but think they went to somewhere in Scotland.

There were quite a few so would have thought some would have survived, has anyone seen one recently?

You could also see if the folks at Martham have any June launches? There were at one time a fair few dotted around, some not in that bad shape either at the valley works/sheds. Some may have been lost in the big clear up a few years back? I think they may also have a Jose launch somewhere as well? Very classic. 

Cheers

Paul