Wanted Opal 28 , Or Alpha 29 Or 31

Hi , looking for Opal 28  or alpha 28 or 31  forward drive  cruiser             (may consider a sheerline 740 /24 sliding roof, any condition )

Is any one using the Aquafibre opal MOULDS ,     are the alpha 31 mouldings bring used, and by who (    Viking did not respond )

any information gratefully received     THANK YOU TO ALL

14 minutes ago, RS2021 said:

Advertised new build on NBS

https://www.norfolkboatsales.co.uk/inventory/?post=5933

https://www.norfolkboatsales.co.uk/inventory/?post=6941

I believe is the boatbuilding arm of Barnes, but stand to be corrected.

It's the brand they use, but the boats aren't necessarily built by them. Silverline, Broom and others have built some of them in recent years.

Barnes own the mould tools to the Opal, which is still a great-looking craft. They are considerably more spacious than a Sheerline 740, which I would only really consider a 'weekender'.

Viking have definitely built some small Alphas (such as the one which has just gone to Richardson's).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, floydraser said:

1 hour ago, floydraser said:

How does the duvet fit?

well, it doesnt,

2 hours ago, jackson said:

looking for Opal 28 

an excellant choice,  a super little boat

19 minutes ago, oldgregg said:

Chamfered or rounded edges stop people doing themselves a mischief when walking into the bed by accident, and allows a bit more room to move around and in theory you need less space at the feet end.

That's what I thought but the same could be said for any piece of furniture. We have a small bedroom and still manage to get round without tripping over the bed. I think it may be a marketing thing also; they look nice and trendy in the brochures. I've heard people who use them, curse them, especially tall folk.

That said, in my boat it would be really useful. When I first got it the wardrobe doors wouldn't open fully because they hit the bed! :facepalm:

2 hours ago, floydraser said:

. . . . . . . . . That said, in my boat it would be really useful. When I first got it the wardrobe doors wouldn't open fully because they hit the bed! :facepalm:

Pah!!!!! We couldn’t fully open the wardrobe doors in our previous house as they hit the bed.  I did threaten to fit sliding doors to alleviate the problem, but after living there for almost 19 years, I still hadn’t quite got round to it when we moved!! 😁

• Haha 3