Guess Where....................

pks1702

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was a great weekend and good to catch up with a few forumites both those planned and those unplanned which it was very good to meet again. I will post some snaps when we return.

We even got Jim using his 6 year old BBQ for the first time ;)

After being tucked away at Ranworth Island we needed somewhere to hide for safety for the night and dear old Gus had just the place :dance

post-79-136713840854_thumb.jpg

After an enjoyable week or so its time to stretch our legs and get back down to our grounds for the rest of the week.

The Broads run has saved a summer jet wash as any sea creatures that were residing on our ships have been killed off thanks to the fresh water :naughty:

Currently enjoying a relaxing late afternoon in glorious weather before a meander down the coast.

post-79-136713841123_thumb.jpg

Dutch Tea Gardens is correct what I can't fathom is why there is a disabled pontoon but no way off?

Someone clearly ran out of money as there is no way to get off them :shocked

I passed there the other week Perry and as you can see have not finished it yet,as its no point in nice pontoons if you cannot get ashore. :wave

Here's an easy one.

That is an easy one even for me having only been on the broads once. It is Leboats yard bottom right & The ferry Inn top right.

Both of which we will be in the vicinity of on Saturday. :Stinkyice slicecheersbar:)

My thoughts exactly Perry – I’d be over the moon to see that on a regular basis in my car!

Good to hear you all had an excellent week and a safe return trip. Weather is turning really bad again on or about the 12th I believe… :roll:

Phil

Here's an easy one.

So what equipment are you using for that display?

Wi-fi into Google or downloaded shots for the arial view?

Oh yes and you know the old ones about people filming their car's speedo and then getting nicked on the strength of it.

Where does the Horning 4 mph zone start...

SOG 5.2 tut tut... :P

So what equipment are you using for that display?

Wi-fi into Google or downloaded shots for the arial view?

Garmin, interfaced to 3 averaged positional devices and gyro with internal Google earth satellite views of Europe on an SD card synchronised to centre on the position. A bit of flim flam really and I would never use it at sea but can be amusing.

Where does the Horning 4 mph zone start...

SOG 5.2 tut tut... :P

Didn't know there was one, is there? :naughty:

PJCJ wrote

Good to hear you all had an excellent week and a safe return trip. Weather is turning really bad again on or about the 12th I believe… :roll:

Its OK Phil I just heard from Michael Fish that 12th August on is going to be very good ;)

You are due some decent weather so fingers crossed.

Its OK Phil I just heard from Michael Fish that 12th August on is going to be very good ;)

You are due some decent weather so fingers crossed.

Is this the very same Michael Fish that me and Max saw on the TV in the Waveney River Centre? :naughty: He said there was no hurricane heading our way that night :norty:

Thanks Michael two guns

I can't see where Phil made that quote on this thread Jonny......unless I have missed something.

But it is a serious car which you would love to hear the sound of the exhausts :naughty:

Trouble is it would be difficult to keep up to hear them :shocked

It says in the photo TANK AVG :naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty:

Jonny

Mea culpa, Jonny picked up the original post which was edited very quickly. :oops:

Jonny – the TANK AVG is petrol Tank Average Miles (per) Gallon. V8 (sorry to disappoint). 0-100 8.9, 100-0 2.1. :evil:

Phil

Guest DAYTONA-BILL
He was right though Jim , there was no hurricane, nor has there ever been one in living memory in UK. :naughty:

Yours truly. Mr. A. Pedant.

I`m glad you pointed that out David :clap:clap:clap , as all to often i`ve explained to people that to be a Hurricane, the wind would have to blow constantly at a minimum speed of 90mph (i think, though may be wrong?) for a period of about 30 minutes (again, i may be wrong?). What we had (in North Kent anyway) was a severe storm with a constant wind speed of i think 60ish mph with gusts to over 90 mph. I don`t think anywhere in the country had any constant wind speed above about 70 mph that night. As i said before, i could be wrong about some of those figures, so if anybody can correct them, please do so. Regards to all ............ Neil.