Slipways on the Broads

Guest SetFair

Oh dear, I've gone and bought a little Mayland Maestro with a trailer :dance

I've searched the forum in depth but can't find much info on slipways and thought you guys might have local knowledge or would care to comment on this link which gives a few sites http://www.electric-boat-association.or ... broads.htm.

My only proviso is that as I'll be leaving the car & trailer overnight, secure parking is a must, a bit like the WRC.

Many thanks

Paul

Hello,

I moor at Thorpe Marina, which is next to Griffin Marine, Griffin Lane Norwich. Griffin have a good slipway, cheap to use ( £ 6.0 ) and they lock the gates at night. The road access is a little restrictive, what size is your boat ?, I can just get by Bayliner through the bridge on the trailer. Happy to give any more help, do you still have my mobile no. from the PM re. Storebro. Regards, Paul F

Oh dear, I've gone and bought a little Mayland Maestro with a trailer :dance

I've searched the forum in depth but can't find much info on slipways

Did you find this thread?

http://www.thenorfolkbroads.net/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=22

Or if you did then didn't it give you enough information?

There is another thread that mentions secure storage and use of the slipway at Richo's but that is in the members chat area if, as a full member, you search for it. (Rather than post the details in the public zone)

• 2 weeks later...

Cantley slip is free i think ?

Hi Swordfish.

I've seen your Babyliner pass our club at carrow, giz a wave next time :-)

i'm moored between the 40ft Sealine and my stepdads bayliner 2955.

my boat is the Quicksilver pilothouse that looks like a fender for teh 2 biggies heheh

Rich

Hi Swordfish.

I've seen your Babyliner pass our club at carrow, giz a wave next time :-)

i'm moored between the 40ft Sealine and my stepdads bayliner 2955.

my boat is the Quicksilver pilothouse that looks like a fender for teh 2 biggies heheh

Rich

Hi Snuggtopz,

Yes I recognise your boat now, I pass Carrow quite often, it's quite a nice trip into Norwich from my mooring at Thorpe. I do wave to your stepdad in the Avanti, I think he is in the US owners club. If you have seen my boat on the mooring, I'm supprised you havn't suggested I need new covers !! I do actually, perhaps we can meet sometime soon.

Regards, Paul