Dazzling Light

andyg

After the success of our day trip with the grand kids we wasted no time on our return home in our search for our next adventure. Thankfully our search was short and sweet, purely down to lack of availability of boats. I kind of knew it would be so I'd pre warned them not to get their hopes up. To my surprise dazzling light one from herbert woods was available, my wife and her friend had seen the boat on Friday morning in the yard while they were having a look around, this helped no end as they both really liked the boat. So I'd set myself a new record of booking a holiday in 5 minutes from start to finish, this would normally take me many days and hours. I have to confess I've been totally surprised by my granddaughter's reaction and willingness to return to the broads as she is normally somewhere hot with sandy beaches. I actually think I'm quite excited and looking forward to our trip but one thing we have realised is,we don't really own any wet weather clothing. A legacy of years of holidays abroad in the sun. Not so sure how the granddaughter will react next month when she gets a waterproof and fleece for her birthday lol...well we may have a staycaystion convert on our hands and both my wife and me are just absolutely fine with that...hers to happy boating and making memories 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, SwanR said:

When are you going Andy? Great to be prepared. I think it’s layers for me no matter what the season. I’ve got a drawer of clothes pretty much only ever used on boating holidays!

2nd week of October, I was really surprised she was available so we snapped her up. We all caught the sun on Friday and are a nice shade of pink now lol.. yes layers will be the order of the day. I'm really looking forward to it..just hope we get some dry weather so we can use the upper seating area 😊

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BroadAmbition said:

So I'd set myself a new record of booking a holiday in 5 minutes from start to finish

Now that really is impressive - Well done :default_icon_clap:

Griff

Trust me I'm not normally that quick, I'd normally change my mind at least a dozen times. Availability dictated the speed, as I've no doubt she would of got booked up,she is exactly the design of boat we wanted to book. So ticked all the boxes. Friday was my first dealings with herbert wood's in years and I have to say it was a far better experience then my last. So good vibes all round.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, andyg said:

2nd week of October,

We’ve been out around then a number of times. The water levels have often been on the high side depending on tide state, winds and September / October rainfall. But you can have some glorious autumn sunshine with warm days and chilly nights. Plus with it being before we change the clocks you hang onto the daylight a bit longer. Great time to be out. 

• Like 2

2nd week of October

October afloat - Nice one.  We are afloat every October with 'B.A' and usually three Jewel of Lights from H.W's (Annual Lads Week) in fact looking at our 'Afloat Diary' we are crewing up the Jewels and 'B.A' on 08 - 16th October departing H.W's forenoon of 09th (Bound for the mighty Yare) so we may see you there!

Griff

• Like 1