Elysian 27

Boatlad

Hi everyone.

I'm trying to find the true height of my elysian 27 with the canopy up.

It's  a 1972 MK2 rear canopy model

I've checked the specs for the boat but can't find the height anywhere so hoping one of you good people can help.

Kind regards Dave đź‘Ť

boat pics.jpeg

They all vary tbh , the only true way is to measure it .

use a plank (or mop handle) with a plumbline and a spirit level .

Alternatively if you’re a fisherman use your rod let out enough weighted line so the float keeps the line taught on the surface , lock your line in place and measure the length of the line , again make sure the boat is level 

8 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Yep, Spirit level, straight edge, plumb line, weight and a tape measure will do the trick, very accurately too

I'm booked in to measure quite a few Woodies using this method next month at Beccles

Griff

Gulp!

Think I’ll stay at home......

• Haha 2

Stand on river bank lay a straight pole on highest part level pole with sprite level then measure down to water best do this when  water tank and fuel tank empty/low and holding tank is full this will then be your highest measurement, then make a label on dash with this height in feet and meters. John

for wroxham and potter heigham bridges its not just your maximum height that comes into play, but the height at the widest point or most sticky out point, the pilot has told me I need 6'3" with water rail at potter heigham, yet I have been through wroxham bridge at 6'5 with about 5" to spare at most points, but then I am not about to dispute the pilot at potter heigham either..

I have attached a pdf I have created, showing what I think are the cleaarances (based upon the herbert woods side height gauge and extrapolating down from there) this would just be a starting point whee you could plot the heights of various parts of your boat onto a piece of tracing paper and then try matchig it (the graph paper is calibrated to the drawing so that if you plot the points with a degree of accuracy it will give you a good idea, so for this multiple measurements could be taken and plotted on the chart and matched to the bridge shape.

This is still purely at an experimental stage, so I accept no responsibility if you plot it and then dont fit (though any feedback would be useful)

PH Bridge Clearances.5 to ft.pdf