How Much Is Your Toll ??

Swordfish

I have an issue with mine. I like to pay everything with cash, so plan to go down Dragonfly House and pay for my toll that way. Only problem is the renewal day is a sunday and ..... They're shut on sundays :(

P.s my toll last year was about £27, This year because i'm going to put the outboard on :Stinky it will be £97.44

I have an issue with mine. I like to pay everything with cash, so plan to go down Dragonfly House and pay for my toll that way. Only problem is the renewal day is a sunday and ..... They're shut on sundays :(

P.s my toll last year was about £27, This year because i'm going to put the outboard on :Stinky it will be £97.44

I don't believe in paying until it's actually due either, but that's being very pedantic, it only occurs every 6 or 7 years though... ! :naughty:

I quite agree about the unfair price hike when a dinghy becomes a "motor boat" though.

A single across the board "motorised" premium may be simple to manage, but charging a £70 premium for an tiny inflatable with a 2hp OB is very disproportionate. I have an old Perry Aquabug 1.2 horsepower outboard that weighs just 9 lbs, and yet it's uneconomic for me to use it on the Broads on my canadian canoe, because it too is charged at exactly the same rate as any horsepower on any size "rowing" craft.

post-669-136713892305_thumb.jpg

I went in today and they said its fine to pay for the new toll before april and they'll give me the plaques but they wont be valid until april 1st. So thats my problem fixed :P

They really should toll the outboard according to their size and use but as you say an across the board method is easier and lets face it, people would complain at the price difference between motors then. :naughty: