Electric Cards For BA Moorings

Scotty

Hi good afternoon everyone I do apologise if its been asked before it's just I can't find a thread about it I have seen people say they get there card allowance take it that us only for privateers not (hirers) like myself is it possible to buy electric cards pre-visit or only during your visit many thanks scott 

you can get the cards from the rangers, or the BA offices as well as some other outlets. I know the little office at ranworth does them, if you phone up the BA head office they will take a payment and send you some in the post. 

If you are hiring you would need to check that the boat has shore power capability and make sure there is a cable before leaving

• Thanks 1

I did try rico's before I left but didn't sell them and none available at ludham never tried ransworth as always looks busy to moor didn't want to get it wrong when mooring up and a crowd watching :default_blink: but thanks I will give the broads authority a call and ask for a few just incase I can't buy any 

Scott 

It's a shame you can't just use contactless payment at the electric posts, much like you can when travelling on the tube etc (tap in, tap out). 

We had a few boat battery issues when we hired last year and could only use the galley on shore power. Couldn't find anywhere selling cards, and when we eventually did (at Brooms) the electricity posts at Rockland St Marys weren't working.

Hey ho! 

Gonna try pick a couple up from Herbert Woods this year, just in case.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BrundallNavy said:

I don’t think I have managed to use 10 in the last 5 years.  :55c8f94984577_default_AnimatedGifDogs(127):

Got 2 more holidays booked this year 1 week Aug and 2 weeks Oct and whatever I don't use by the end of Oct I can pass the remaining cards to someone possibly 

1 hour ago, 750XL said:

It's a shame you can't just use contactless payment at the electric posts, much like you can when travelling on the tube etc (tap in, tap out). 

We had a few boat battery issues when we hired last year and could only use the galley on shore power. Couldn't find anywhere selling cards, and when we eventually did (at Brooms) the electricity posts at Rockland St Marys weren't working.

Hey ho! 

Gonna try pick a couple up from Herbert Woods this year, just in case.

Spoke to woods today re our trip in Oct, that's exactly what we will do. Unused cards in theory should work the following year apparently. They just said don't buy to many as they are non refundable. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, grendel said:

it will depend whether you are using any form of heating run off shore power

Possibly take the oil radiator with us or both if them that way there's no noise or minor noise with heater running at night 

7 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Possibly take the oil radiator with us or both if them that way there's no noise or minor noise with heater running at night 

That’s what we do out of season. In October, kept on a low setting we can get away with just one card. In February, with the setting considerably higher, we usually have to put more than £1 on the post, unless someone has left a lot of credit. 

• Like 1

We left our £5 worth of cards (which we hadn't managed to use) on board for the next people taking the boat - thinking we wouldn't be back to the Broads within the next 12 months. 

Bit of a thread drift, perhaps, but I see all Herbert Woods boats use diesel warm air heating. Does this use much (if any?) battery power?