Fishing Bait (maggots) Shops

750XL

We're on the water again this October for just under 2 weeks and want to try fishing again. We managed to catch some tiddlers last year on maggots which we enjoyed.

We'll buy some maggots before we start in Potter Heigham but presume we'll need a refill at some point during the holiday.

These are the shops I've found so far, are there any others I've missed that'll sell maggots in October?

• Wroxham Angling, Wroxham
  • Bass-online, Horning
  • AJB Angling, Ludham
  • The Big Shop, Womack Staithe
  • Lathams, Potter Heigham

When I came home over Reedham Ferry on Wednesday I noticed there was a Maggot machine by the entrance to the campsite, not sure if it’s being stocked or not, was a time when they were all over the place, converted coke machines I think. Bag it with Maggit....

2 minutes ago, Turnoar said:

When I came home over Reedham Ferry on Wednesday I noticed there was a Maggot machine by the entrance to the campsite, not sure if it’s being stocked or not, was a time when they were all over the place, converted coke machines I think. Bag it with Maggit....

One of my very early childhood memories in the 90's is of one of these machines, I think at Acle Bridge.

Didn't know they were still around

45 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

The pet shop Stalham high street.

Thank you, I think that'll be a good shout if we're up the Ant 

Found Chunky’s in Hoveton/wroxham, holds a good stock of things including bait. From the front it’s a pet shop, walk through to the back, is where the fishing stuff is, it’s where the old angling direct was before it moved, just up from the Kings Head, almost opposite where the butchers was and next to the car garage. 
Cheers 

Paul 

• Like 1