Norwich

chrisdobson45

As is usual, when we venture up the River Yare to Norwich we walk around the edge of the city via the riverside walk. We dodged the showers (not very well, getting a soaking twice), and it was lovely to be back. Lunch at the Red Lion was especially good and the staff were brilliant. Kath got her pencils out, her sketch came out rather well.

44B96A51-9D1A-4A1A-9415-61633ABEB721.jpeg

D5140A69-DDDC-4C98-A727-301635F905BA.jpeg

F6BC3E53-AFAE-4988-900F-3D8B74821E4E.jpeg

51E20090-3C73-42A1-A81D-294EEC16D3F5.jpeg

CD68A56B-4EB7-4C38-8002-154687991DE8.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

For some reason I always forget how nice Norwich is, and I'm always pleasantly surprised when we visit. I was a student there (too) many years ago. Don't think I ever appreciated it then.

Just had a look at the Red Lion's menu. Sounds great - on the list for the next time we visit!

The food at the Red Lion was (surprisingly) good, the Fritto Misto was especially good. Be warned, the portions were huge, especially the local burger and fish finger sandwich (which was a lightly tempura battered fillet, rather than a couple of Captain Birdseye's best efforts). The choice of gin and draft beer was wide, I had a porter-like cider, very dark, not overly sweet, very, very good. 

• Like 2