Teak "style" Boat Carpet

I have it in the scorpio, great carpet always cleans up.

I also have a plain light blue fitted on Whitey in the rear cabins. Hoovers up nice and any marks wipe off. We had oil marks on it after a service, this came off without a problem.

All areas are fixed with press studs in each corner and it stays firm and doesn't distort.

IMAG9309.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We used:-Β TrimnetΒ Ltd TurksΒ Shipyard HistoricΒ Dockyard Chatham UnitedΒ Kingdom

The cost for supplying and fitting was Β£363:00 that was for the Fwd bow cabin, Fwd Port and Stbd cabins, the double cabin with a tiny piece for the quarter berth

It was fitted April 2017 and still looks like new.Β  You can jet wash the stuff! - not that we have ever needed to.Β  It comes in a range of choices / colours.

Recommended - if you get the genuine stuff

Griff

Β 

BA NBN 1032.JPG

BA NBN 1033.JPG

BA NBN 1034.JPG

BA NBN 1035.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Brings back some memories. I was largely involved in releasing this to the UK market.

It is good stuff and it's still pretty cool to see boats with it installed.Β Go for templating yourself. If you get stuck and on the northern rivers I maybe able help with templating.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

We use EVA boat flooring. It has a very strong self adhesive backing which is stuck to boards, it to can be lifted taken home and pressure washed if ever needed.Β It’s mainly for outside deck use such as fly bridges etc. Inside the boat it’s greatΒ and soft under foot. Any impressions from items like chairs disappear.Β Water proof and wipe clean etc. Plenty of the stuff on the supplier’s of choice sites, such as the bay, many colour options and roll sizes. We did the lot with 5 rolls at about Β£38.00 per roll. (120x90)Β Very easy to fit, and cheap enough if it fails after a few years,Β though it’s holding up just fine after the first year of abuse.Β Just did the last part in the cockpit the other month. ( alloy edging trimsΒ also now installed).

it could be worth a look?Β 

Cheers

Paul

255675E9-8207-4CD6-8129-F44A611BBEB4.jpeg

49129F93-EC9A-49DC-B5A6-33198696593A.jpeg

E9171CF0-96EE-42E8-9F86-0085928FB2A0.jpeg

82B9D775-6B5E-4630-9BD8-913BF80C7A80.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We had Trimnet supply ours back in 2017. Alan (JawsOrca) measured up for us and when it arrived by carrier all we had to do was roll it out - it fitted perfectly. I’m afraid I Β can’t remember the cost (best to forget these things!)

Would highly recommend it, we’re considering it for our current boat as its carpet is now 25 years old 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, oldgregg said:

Edgebound looks great, and makes it easy to remove for cleaning without things getting scruffy.Β 

I believe Ludham Carpets can do it, and are also decent value.

Cromer Carpets also have a first rate binding service

• Like 1