Woody Turn Key - Wanted

Heyup,

A friend of a friend is after purchasing a woody motor cruiser (Oh, the fool!)

Said friend is hands on and is fully aware of the issues connected with being a woody custodian.

Anyroadup, if anyone comes across a turn-key woody that still needs work doing, around 30ft + with an asking price of about £30k - ish then please let me know either by PM or these pages.

Thanks in advance,

Griff

Hi Griff,

We are about to sell our Ernest Collins 35, wooden top with GRP hull, 4 berth. All in excellent condition. We have had it for 23 years. If your friend is interested, please PM me for further info and phone number. Horning mooring available to rent to the new owner

• Like 2

Looks like Juliette of Martham restored by Martham circa 1999/2000. I know this boat from that ownership phase and it was very sympathetically upgraded internally, even had the pleasure of using it occasionally during the colder months and it was very comfortable. Of course it needs ongoing maintenance, it’s a wooden boat after all. At that price a buyer will get a lot of pleasure.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone - keep'm coming! Some lovely boats out there. My chums are signing up to this marvellously informative forum and will be keen to follow the leads that are flowing through from the pool of boating knowledge! :-) Thanks all

• Like 1

Thank you to everyone who has posted info and links to boats for us to look at, expressed interest in a couple and we are waiting to get some viewing lined up. Hopefully we will see you all out on the Broads sometime in the future. We will get a barrel on board to celebrate the event.

• Like 1

First to see will have bought Juliette I expect at 32k. Was the Judith ‘Judith Windmill’, she seemed to be well looked after, remember a former owner telling me a story about the name but can’t remember the story.

Does seem to be some extreme variances in pricing around at the moment,   for 45k I would be wanting something bigger but it is a Broom and I guess that adds value, possibly never in hire either perhaps, doesn’t seem that long ago a good one would be 20-25k.

I wonder if Speedway Star is still up at Martham, was outside a few years back, hopefully inside now and not boat heaven!

• Like 1