Name this boat!

I have this little 19' ish criuser, but im struggling to put a make or model to it. can any of you help? I asked Broads authority and they were helpfull (hope you were sitting as you read!) but it was last registerd as a Europa 4 wich is a mid cockpit twin cabin cruiser.

Over to the oricals!

post-1162-136713840268_thumb.jpg

post-1162-136713840274_thumb.jpg

post-1162-136713840552_thumb.jpg

Having browsed through the aft cockpit cruisers with outboards on Craigs database

the defining feature is probably going to be the triple window at the front (I couldn't find any!)...

Some idea of the size might also be useful in tracking her down.

The 3 windows on front is what i cant find either! as for microplus thanks for the link i have looked but the there boats that are of the same length are not the same hull (i will post a hull pic it might help) and none of the superstructures are close.

Is it a mayland? i will look at some pics later and see.

Thanks for the help guys, this boat came frome somewhere!

I make it 6'6"-6'8" beam and Approx 18.5' long, added pics but i doubt they help much.

Im not in any rush to get rid of it as i was going to do it up but im just doubt im ever going to get round to it. if anyone might be interested she has canopy and cushions (although cushions do need attention, i would just use them as patterns) no trailer although i can borrow one to move it, no engine £350 or with a Evinrude 20hp 2stroke electric start with remotes £700 (not the volvo outboard pictured, i have no idea if that works or not!) needs a floor in cockpit and one hell of a jet wash compound and pollish, superstructure has its fair share of star crazes but this it to be expected. Also i picked up a little stainless pushpit wich with a little modification will sit nicely on the front.

post-1162-136713840843_thumb.jpg

post-1162-136713840849_thumb.jpg

I dom't know if you have come across Craig's database http://www.horning.org.uk/boats.php

(there is a link from the "useful links" section of the Forum)

Unfortunately he doesn't show a boat with that registration,

but he does have a lot of photos of various types like the Microplus's and Mayland's.

You can seach, as I did, for an aft cockpit cruiser 20-30ft with an outboard, and then click through the sets of photos of boats that he has spotted on the Broads..

Unfortunately I couldn't see any with the right window set-up!

I dom't know if you have come across Craig's database http://www.horning.org.uk/boats.php

(there is a link from the "useful links" section of the Forum)

Unfortunately he doesn't show a boat with that registration,

but he does have a lot of photos of various types like the Microplus's and Mayland's.

You can seach, as I did, for an aft cockpit cruiser 20-30ft with an outboard, and then click through the sets of photos of boats that he has spotted on the Broads..

Unfortunately I couldn't see any with the right window set-up!

I knew this site, i had already tried searching the reg number, that why i turned to the BA

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

I know the Europa`s had 3 windows across the front, but as you say, they were mostly known for being centre cockpit like the Norman Conquest, but it`s possible that they made an aft cockpit version. I`l have a google and see if i can find anything to see if this is true. Don`t hold your breath though :lol: .

I know the Europa`s had 3 windows across the front, but as you say, they were mostly known for being centre cockpit like the Norman Conquest, but it`s possible that they made an aft cockpit version. I`l have a google and see if i can find anything to see if this is true. Don`t hold your breath though :lol: .

I hope you can find more on google than i did.

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

I copied that picture from Jones`s boatyard on the fens. It`s a picture of a Europa aft cockpit, though the front windows in the title post are slightly larger, it still looks pretty damn close enough for me. I could be wrong however, but i think it is a Europa aft cockpit. Shame i`m not closer to the Broads as it would make a great little project boat. Regards to all .............. Neil.

I copied that picture from Jones`s boatyard on the fens. It`s a picture of a Europa aft cockpit, though the front windows in the title post are slightly larger, it still looks pretty damn close enough for me. I could be wrong however, but i think it is a Europa aft cockpit. Shame i`m not closer to the Broads as it would make a great little project boat. Regards to all .............. Neil.

Close but I reckon the Europa 2+2 is closer, but as you say the front windows on all Craig's examples are smaller

http://www.horning.org.uk/boatsearch.php?page=search&search=yes&RegNo=14890&href=1&current=no

Dimensions: Length: 18ft ( 5.49m) Beam: 6ft 10ins ( 2.08m)

Design Style: car-type canopy Construction: fibreglass hull.

It looks as if the Europa 4 has the aft cabin and is hence "Centre Cockpit"

Craig hadn't recorded the engine type on this one.

Neil:

If you want a restoration project then I reckon MBA Marine might do you a deal!

Guest DAYTONA-BILL
cheers for the thought Martin, but i don`t think Karen would want another project boat on our drive. I`ve still got Mistral there, and have recently re-started doing her up, possibly for sale, or transfer to the Broads, where we could use her some weekends for day sailing. Having said that, Karen is completely against the idea of sailing, so it looks like i`ve got some serious persuading to do ;);) . Otherwise, it`s part ex time for Broads cruiser. Regards ............... Neil.

How`s this

Ok i have to admit that appart from the windows that does look just like it, could well be that mine is just an older model, i dont think the windows are in any recess's so the builder could cut in whatever/however many windows they want.

Bloody hell could the broads authority have had it right with europa all along?

Close but I reckon the Europa 2+2 is closer, but as you say the front windows on all Craig's examples are smaller

http://www.horning.org.uk/boatsearch.php?page=search&search=yes&RegNo=14890&href=1&current=no

Dimensions: Length: 18ft ( 5.49m) Beam: 6ft 10ins ( 2.08m)

Design Style: car-type canopy Construction: fibreglass hull.

It looks as if the Europa 4 has the aft cabin and is hence "Centre Cockpit"

Craig hadn't recorded the engine type on this one.

Neil:

If you want a restoration project then I reckon MBA Marine might do you a deal!

That must be 2 in cain and 2 sleeping in in the cockpit coz there is no other room! so if the europa 4 is the mid cockpit wich is what i found when searching that would make this a 2+2. however there are pleanty of boat described as 2+2 with the aft cabin, do we think they have the wrong model name?

Mark

I agree MBA.

The superstructure and hull mouldings are identical to the Europa 2+2, as can be seen by the side by side comparison with this one that went on Ebay earlier this year:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/europa-2-2-18 ... 0653641654

The triple individual front window layout is very distinctive on this size of craft. I would guess that this was a production variation or maybe even a prototype, where the windows are slightly deeper.

The stern and interior are identical, as is the single chine planing hull. The reverse shear on the forward gunwales is the same as well, unlike on most similar sized craft. The rather deep aluminium framed windscreen is also of the same proportions with a peaked centre.

Even the unusual twin cabin roof rails are the same, another less common feature in boats of this type.

One needs to be take broker's manufacturer descriptions with a pinch of salt. They often get it wrong, witness the number of boats described simply as "Shetlands" when clearly many are not. :)

post-669-136713841137_thumb.jpg

I agree MBA.

The superstructure and hull mouldings are identical to the Europa 2+2, as can be seen by the side by side comparison with this one that went on Ebay earlier this year:

You nearly got me confused there Strowager.., showing MBA's one as having the wheel on the right :? ,

but then I looked back at his original photo and realised that you had "flipped" it when creating your collage

to get it to match the angle of the Ebay one. ;)

Yes, sorry about that. :naughty:

It's a bad habit that must have rubbed off from looking at Professionally laid out brochures and other printed material.

and they often only do it to "balance" the page !

I know, Hoseasons have done it to a photo of the Eden Bridge at Beccles on their web-site.

It took me a while to realise what was odd about the picture and then I saw that the name was "flipped".

Interestingly that boat DOES have the steering on the starboard side

(a "feature" that Wilds built into the Bahama for sone obscure reason!)

Great for seeing how close to the bank you are, but lousy for avoiding oncoming traffic on narrow rivers.

I got into the habit of leaning on the greenery when I met boats on the Dilham strech of the Ant!

Martin

Thank you all for your research, i really apprietiate your help. Im happy to call it a 'Europa 2+2' I may well put a posting on the For sale page, although the hull shape does look like it could be quite a fun little toy, but will i ever find the time to do it? i doubt it :(

By the way i think the sun had got to me its a pullpit i have for it not pushpit as i has written (now im confusing myself i realy do know this stuff normaly! shiny rail at front!!!!)