A new arrival

• 2 weeks later...

Well work commitments might have stopped me having this week on the Broads, but it did mean that I could pick Katii up a week earlier than originally planned and have a complete weekend to try to get her used to her new home, (and hopefully get my original cat to put up with having some competition)

She has adapted to the change in surroundings a lot easier than I thought she might, but still has to learn that the telephone and its leads are not a cat toy...

But at the same time she is quite happy to curl up on my lap, and purr very loudly, so she is obviously settling in.

post-609-136713844955_thumb.jpg

She is so small that she keeps finding holes and corners where my batchelor house cleaning routine hasn't touched for a while.

And black kittens make such excellent cobweb brushes...

post-609-136713844979_thumb.jpg

I am finding her a very difficult photographic subject though, as being jet black all her features seem to blur.

My original puss hasn't taken to her as well as I had hoped she would but we are working on it...

Two days so far and only one swipe at her, but I think that they will be left in seprate rooms when I go to work tomorrow.

Katii. What a great name for a beautiful girl. I'm afraid introducing a new cat to another can be an ongoing battle. Our two have taken nearly two years to fully accept each other. Although our girl was never aggressive to the boy she let her feelings known to him and to us as well. Feed me but you are not going to stroke me was the order of the day for quite a few months! In the end we just let them get on with it and now peace and friendship usually prevails.

Fred