I've Finally Got A Dry Bottom !

Two years, two soggy years of pumping water from under the cabin floor every time it rains. Having been chasing leaks around the back / cockpit ( which were certainly there ) pulling and reasealing all the keel bolts one at a time ( 10 each side and a previous source of leaks ) and finally found it to be getting in round the pulpit rail !

After the weekend / yesterdays rain I failed to get any out :default_biggrin:

• Like 5

We were chasing the source of a leak when we first got Luna. Water was coming into the saloon near a window and the wood inside was always soaked. We assumed it was the window or handrails above. After resealing everything JanetAnne, who was kindly helping, had a gut feeling that wasnt the cause. Eventually traced it back to the side panels in the helm. There were numerous old screw holes at the base that werent filled and was funnelling water down the side and into the saloon.  

26239F9D-B68D-42BF-8EA8-0F0811A1EE34.jpeg

• Like 1

I dream of getting to the same level of dryness! I don't think I can call mine "leaks"; the water just gushes in!

I have the memory of the day I got caught without the cover over the Denham Owl during a summer downpour - watching a small river cascade down the wall to the top of the mains consumer unit where it divded to either side before carrying on down the wall and into the bilge. I've done some work since then though, and I may have reduced it to a "leak". :facepalm:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Smoggy said:

You can't beat a bit of chalkdust for tracing where water has come from, at work we use a developer spray for dye penetrant crack testing that leaves a fine dust behind which works really well.

Trouble is getting access to dust with PFD developer