Wayford Bridge Public Moorings

andyg

Hi all, on our next trip in October I'm hoping to explore most of the upper reaches of the Ant. I haven't been upto wayford Bridge in at least 20 years and was wondering what the public mooring situation is like up there now. Any help much appreciated thanks.

1 hour ago, CambridgeCabby said:

It’s not a long journey from the Ant junction and is a lovely quiet stretch of the waterways .

The moorings before the bridge are literally beside the bridge so you do get road noise but you have the benefit of east access to The Wayford Bridge hotel if you fancy a resolution to a dry throat 

There’s a good wild mooring on the starboard side about a hundred yards past Hunsett Mill heading towards Wayford, which would be great if you don’t want the hotel.

• Like 3

Just now, annv said:

Hi Andy there are river bank moorings(you will need pins/stakes) on the left just through the bridge with steps back up to the road to reach the hotel or the cafe/ produce shop just past the hotel on opposite side of road. John

Not any more there aren't. They were sold at auction I believe a while back. When I went past this year it just says private no mooring.

1 hour ago, Meantime said:

Not any more there aren't. They were sold at auction I believe a while back. When I went past this year it just says private no mooring.

yup and when I went up there the 24hour moorings where full of canoes. Frustrating because they was space out along the moorings.

1 hour ago, SwanR said:

It is a lovely cruise up to Wayford Bridge but we tend to do it in the hope of a lunch stop rather than overnight. 

Looks like a lunchtime stop is our best bet. We are on one of woods biggest boats, so il forget about an overnight stop on the public moorings and 15 quid seems a bit steep for just an overnight mooring tbh. If we have to turn around it won't be a wasted cruise as it a nice stretch of river. Thanks for the heads up. 

• Like 1

Midweek you should not have a problem as there are plenty of wild moorings between the Wayford / Stalham junction and with midweek not being a major turnover day, you will be spoilt for choice - it cannot be more than a 20 min cruise back from Wayford to that junction.