What Tv ?

I’m rural Sussex born and bred, even the accent and bits of dialect to show for it. Moving to Yorkshire (for other half’s work) 37 years ago took some getting used to, not least being asked by people if I was from Australia!
Sussex and the South Downs are still ‘home’ to me, even though our last link, as in my mum, is now gone. Loads of my oldest friends still there though, so plenty of excuse for visits. 

Back to the tv. 
after a discussion with my son in law last night, I’m even more confused!

We decided on cello, and perhaps omni ballade aerial. But I had no idea what he meant when telling me about the wiring needed to link tv to aerial with a 12v power supply required, and to have tv on 240v too. Too much for my brain.
I don’t know what bits go where. I’ll have to Google and draw a diagram out so I can explain it to myself. 
For info - never fear- I’m certainly not doing anything with it myself, just need to know what bits of wire go where as I am having a new worktop on the boat and want wiring hidden as much as possible and practical. I have an aerial socket inside and another outside so am hoping to use inside when nasty weather (willnit pick up enough signal, my old directional one usually does) and outside when I don’t have to go out in the rain. Maybe on some sort of telescopic pole?

confused.com  !!

I assume you have a decent battery charger for when on shore power in which case just hook tv into 12V and let the battery charger deal with it, there's not that much draw from a tv.

As for aerial try it on what you have before spashing out on something you might not need, I have an old glomex omni directional aerial on my radar arch and it had a booster in the system which I took out, most of the time it does fine without the booster except rockland and loddon where everyone struggles and phones say no.

• Thanks 1

It might be what I already have if the original off the richos boats. It is very good to be fair, just a bit bulky when stored. If I could rig it up permanently outside on a sliding pole that would be ideal. I don’t want to increase the roof height by it or have to remove it each time cos one day when in my own I’ll forget till too late!!!

I will pop by, thanks. All these offers of help are much appreciated. 

Hi Kpnut I think you will find the outside aerial tv socket connects to the inside one, you plug tv aerial into the outside one and tv into inside one, A Ballard Aerial is the size of a toffee apple and is omni directional so doesn't need swinging to the transmitter and dosn't get blown of direction by the wind or boat swinging when on a mud weight. John

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, annv said:

you plug tv aerial into the outside one and tv into inside one,

At the moment the outside one doesn’t work. It’s all corroded inside. But the aerial works nicely plugged into the inside one. So I suppose the tv is also somehow connected to it behind the scenes?