Interesting idea at Woods

Dan

Hi Everyone

I see Herbert Woods have put together a card to give discounts off visitor attractions. Only had a quick scan through the pdf list, but I didn't get the impression too many were places along the river.

An interesting idea born I suppose out of the trying to generate a small competitive advantage or win a few extra bookings

http://www.herbertwoods.co.uk/loyalty.php

Dan

Also went past there the other day and noticed they are sprucing up the Buildings which now look much better,painting,new roofs,about time it was done.Would now like to see that eyesore which used to be the broads authority office and cafe on the Quay knocked down and replaced with something better looking.

Would now like to see that eyesore which used to be the broads authority office and cafe on the Quay knocked down and replaced with something better looking.

Yes, it's now been several years. It's easy to believe the rumour that lathams (QD) are using it as leverage to force PP for what they want.

According to today's EDP Lathams are in trouble over the Cafe and the BA are considering retrospective planning permission for the alterations :shocked Cant believe these big companies go ahead with these projects without permission :naughty: Must admit it has improved that frontage with the outside seating ,lets hope the BA let it stay cheersbar

This is something that we've spoken to a number of riverside hostelries about in the past but not had too much interest.

I guess if the Wood's card is for attractions that are not riverside, there's (perhaps) more reason for them to get involved as they might not get business from boaters otherwise. It does beg the question of how many boaters are interested in travelling miles from their boat to visit these places and, how they'll get there when their cars are stashed at the boatyard.