Bmc 1.5 Tick Over

Hi

I’d like to increase the tick over of my bmc 1.5. 
so according to my manual, the tick over is controlled by a screw with a spring under it. 
found that, can adjust speed but as soon as I let go of screw the spring just returns it to its last position. 
am I missing something?

Did my 1.5 BMC tickover at the weekend, no spring, just a lock nut on the adjusting bolt....You are aiming for 500rpm,  I do mine 'IN GEAR' so it has a lovely smooth tick over at 'dead slow ahead' but every boat is diffrent, sometimes you end up ignoring the rpm setting and just set it where it feels and sounds right.....avoiding vibration where possible.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ElysianCraft said:

Did my 1.5 BMC tickover at the weekend, no spring, just a lock nut on the adjusting bolt....You are aiming for 500rpm,  I do mine 'IN GEAR' so it has a lovely smooth tick over at 'dead slow ahead' but every boat is diffrent, sometimes you end up ignoring the rpm setting and just set it where it feels and sounds right.....avoiding vibration where possible.

Spot on. That screw and spring under apparently is the base tick over speed.  Indeed if I turn it the tick over increases but the spring just turns back to initial position. 
Going your route here. Similar to yours except mine isn’t on a nut but you have to disconnect the connection to the pump arm and turn it. 
just hoped you could do it with that screw. 
what was happening the engine was stalling under low revs when changing direction. A tick over of 900 keeps things smooth