topcraft

andyg

Hi Mondeoman,  Where abouts in Kent are you from?.  I originally hail from Kent, but heve been down here in Sunny Dorset for the last 10 years havin met my lovely wife down here through work. There`s also a fair number of forumites in Kent, and i did consider posting a suggestion that when i next go up to see family, would any other Kent forumites be interested in an "off Broads meet"?.

I`ve also noticed that this is the first time i`ve ever posted on a thread under two different screen names. I wonder if anybody else has ever done that?.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, psychicsurveyor said:

Here is a screen shot of the Sky report of the flooding Christmas 2013.

My Calypso is on the bottom row,  to the left of the gap. .  The tops of the trees next to the boat are normally 15 feet above the river. 

Interesting few weeks  

IMAG0766.jpg

Now that`s what i call a high tide.

I have a good friend who lives in Paddock wood, and i also have happy memories of visiting Paul Smart Motorcycles there in the early 90s road testing a couple of bikes.   I also did a couple of charity bike rides from the Hop farm nearby, to raise vital funds for the Kent Air Ambulance Trust. If i tried it now, it would more than likely kill me.

• Like 1

I live in Tonbridge, and canoe / kayak on the Medway. 2013 was definitely an interesting Christmas, several people I know in and around Tonbridge got flooded, and a narrow boat sunk near the town centre, it was the only time I have seen the water go over the lock gates at Tonbridge and be the same height on the downriver side. The new mobile homes at Yalding were up on their flotation, deffinately earnt its name Little Venice

• Like 2