Fresh Meat

Andrewcook

• 2 weeks later...

Hi as the Big convenience stores are going to a bit of problem supplying prepacked Meat it looks like turn the clocks back to when a load of Butcher shops was a round as I used to work in a Family butcher shop years ago but I'm glad a few very good one's are still around for for us public to get Fresh Meat from the counter as to prepack in the convenience store.

6 hours ago, Andrewcook said:

Hi as the Big convenience stores are going to a bit of problem supplying prepacked Meat it looks like turn the clocks back to when a load of Butcher shops was a round as I used to work in a Family butcher shop years ago but I'm glad a few very good one's are still around for for us public to get Fresh Meat from the counter as to prepack in the convenience store.

The shortage of lorry drivers could just as easily impact deliveries to the independent butchers shops as well as to the supermarkets.

The pandemic and Brexit, not to mention a minor incident in the Suez Canal, have all combined to impact production and delivery of many commodities, compounded by a shortage of labour.  Only yesterday, I was talking to a someone in Norfolk, who is aware of a shortage of pickers working in the fields to gather crops, causing them to remain unpicked and rot in the ground.  Apparently, us Brits don’t want that sort of employment.  It involves poorly paid manual labour and doesn’t involve the use of a desk and computer.

Apparently, us Brits don’t want that sort of employment.  It involves poorly paid manual labour and doesn’t involve the use of a desk and computer.

I don't geddit, now over 1 x million claiming unemployment benefit, is that correct?

If so, of those 1 x million that are physically able to work why doesn't the employment / Job seekers office put two and two together and tell the benefit receivers - 'There's a job there for you, if you turn it down / refuse to work, we will refuse to pay you your tax payers benefits'

Is that over simplifying it?

I know one thing for sure, if my tiling work dried up, I would happily go work for £10 an hour rather than sit at home on benefits.  £10 an hour is still £400 a week, £1'600 a month with the personal tax allowance - gotta be better than receiving benefits

Griff 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1