Bow And Stern Covers

jackson

I have seen some excellent recently completed awnings and covers supplied by Snuggtopz, and watched him measuring a boat for a new awning whilst moored at Oulton , they use the latest up to date 3D CAD equipment and it is a fascinating process .

I have also seen a recently supplied Jeckells awning which was an equally good job but was more expensive , but looked fabulous 

• Like 1

Hi Jackson I use bailey&stone Burgh Castle Phn  01502732069  he's has a digital scanner 3D gizmo he will mark where you need screw the hold down pins they fit mm perfect every time, i would suggest you have the ???? although its more expensive it dosn't go hard in the cold and dosn't stretch in the heat and is completely water proof, cant remember the name but Paul will know . John

• Like 1

We had our canopy made by Jeckells.  It is good, but was not cheap.  I did try to get a quote from Snuggtopz about a year ago, before contacting Jeckells and am still waiting for him to get back to me, sadly.  Frankly, as a customer, I don’t feel it appropriate to keep chasing people.  It may have been due to the pandemic, or one of many other reasons, but a phone call takes seconds and would have kept me informed.

I’ve also heard good things about OK Smart Covers at Stalham.  It’s run by a guy called Val (yes, really) and he’s located at Stalham, about fifty yards from the moorings at the Staithe.

• Like 1

Our second canopy was made by Custom Craft, my opinion was that the designer had never been on a boat, the leading edges of zips were located behind the upright frame rails which made it difficult to engage them. Our new canopy made by Jeckells addressed this situation, we paid extra for clearer plastic windows and anti rot stitching.

The cost of the latest canopy cover was only about 20% more than we paid for the last canopy cover in 2010. We have gone back to Jeckells over the years for stitching work or replacement panels, sadly accidents do happen.

Regards

Alan

19 hours ago, ranworthbreeze said:

That is a matter of opinion. Each to his or her own.

It certainly is and my opinions  are usually born of past experience and clearly differ from yours. I have to  assume you haven't had had a large chip taken out of the side of your boat by a carelessly  handled drill  nor been promised delivery of your  well overdue canopy by courier  to arrive in time of your planned hoiliday on the boat only  for it to  arrive more than  a month after your return.

Carole

19 hours ago, ranworthbreeze said:

16 hours ago, WherryNice said:

If going with Jeckells and you can wait, ask about their Winter Discount deal...

We have taken advantage of the winter discount on carpets, canopy. lounge, forward and upper helm seating.in the past.

Needless to say with most Norfolk suppliers delivery dates and deadlines are regarded as advice rather than instructions.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

I know of one poor couple who live four hours away who waited around for days on their boat for a company to visit when they could of been out on the waters instead. As far as I know the company still havent attended despite promises.

I`m sorry Max and mods but I feel that we should be able to say who these companies are as a warning to others.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

I feel that we should be able to say who these companies are as a warning to others.

I’m inclined to agree with this but I know naming and shaming is a no-no. Maybe a pm to the member might be in order if feelings are really strong?

• Like 3

Well recently I have 21 emails to companies servicing the broads leisure craft and I appreciate there busy and I have never expected work to be started “tomorrow” but not to even email back with a message of we are busy but will get back to you ASAP I find terrible way of running a business if I did that to my customers (I’m a carpenter/joiner) I’d have no customers, I tend to email rather than call as I don’t being on the phone to someone whilst working on a customers projects 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, grendel said:

I think some of the broads businesses are still trying to get accustomed to this new fangled telephony lark, let alone computers, emails and social media, some still work in the era of face to face discussions.

Tell me about it!  However, the strange thing is that they always manage to get the invoice out very quickly!

• Like 2

We had a superstructure cover made by Jeckells four years ago. They provided a wealth of experience and advice in the design phase and the finished product is very good too.  The whole process from quote to final delivery took around 6 months but the end result was well worth the wait. 

• Like 1