Petrol Webasto heater

Guest lordofsealand

Hi Paul, the SG1561 (part# 482110) is one of the correct ECU’s for that heater, do you have the correct test equipment to diagnose the internal fault as they are repairable? ( not officially :naughty: )

Did you have the corect resistance across the glow pin supply when you checked for voltage?

Is that particular heater fitted with a pulsing glow relay, some are, some not?

It is as you say likely that it will be the fault and you can use other ECU’s as well to broaden your search when trying to locate one, they are SG1561GS (part # 26317A) and SG1561Gt (part # 15697B)

Do you have the full wiring diagram for it if not I have one somewhere.

Hi David

I am working totally blind at the moment as have nothing to go by .

A wiring diagram would be super as I should be able to work back and at least check continuity etc.

All I have manged this far to confirm the glow plug is OK when tested on a battery, but no voltage at the glow plug socket.

The heater runs and the pump pumps !

The heater has been working but very intermittent, will take ages to start than cuts out and wont start after that.

Tks for you offer of diagram. If I may I will take you up on that.

OK Paul, PM me your email add and I will send you a full repair and diagnosis manual with fault finding flow chart in PDF format. One thing to remember with these things is that in some instances on some models is if the correct resistance is not present across the supply (for instance glow plug connected or a dummy resistor) ) then it will be sensed as open circuit and no volts supplied.