Gas System Installation

Hi Guys. 

My Pegasus 700 currently has a meth's hob burner which i hate and i want to get a gas hob fitted. 

does anyone have any recommendations of someone who would be able to do the work and any experience of cost to get it all plumbed in and set up to pass a BSS certificate? 

it would be on a sliding system so the hob burner would need to be on a flexible pipe as it will slide out from under a bulkhead.

Thanks in advance
Tom 

3 hours ago, Vaughan said:

And I am afraid I rather doubt he would recommend a sliding hob on a flexible pipe.

The sliding gas hob is a very common installation on yachts up to about 27ft, often going into the quarter berth area. The Swallow 26 is an example.

However these boats are designed for the sea and most will not be subject to BSS.

Which of course , may be why you have a meths installation!

Nip down to S Walsham to talk to some other Pegasus 7 owners and see what they do- or indeed where ever others berth. I am sure someone on here knows of someone! But I think flexible hoses are a no no these days.

Can you not think of another solution to a permanent fitting?

• Like 1

Hi Flex able GAS hoses are allowed on fixed appliances however you must have a tap/valve on end of copper pipe where the flex is fitted and they must be fixed securely, i have two on my boat. I would suggest you get the 10mmcopper pipe that has a plastic outer sheath a bit dearer but corrosion free. John

• Like 1