Multifuel Stove On Fiberglass Boat

ldncruiser

2 hours ago, ldncruiser said:

hello there,

i really want to put a small wood burning/multifuel stove on my 25ft hampton safari mark 3. im hearing different things about the safety aspect of having a fire stove on a fiberglass boat. has anyone successfully put one on this model and if so, where did you put it!?

This may be of some help but I'm no expert at all.

On my boat (grp hull/wooden everything else) a previous owner was planning to fit a log burner. They lined an allocated area with some kind of heat resistant board, a bit like plasterboard, and behind the board is a layer of normal insulation as per your attic. They also cut a 7 inch diameter hole throught the teak deck for which they should hung by their private parts, but I try not to think about that. :default_sad:

• Like 1

Slightly off track.

On a canal boat it is best not to place it up front in a corner but futher back in the room for a more equal spread of the heat. it must be placed on an approved fireproof surface such as certain tiles surrounded by something to stop half burnt logs rolling out and along the floor when the door is opened. So you need around a three and a half foot square area.

The walls around the stove must be covered in fireproof material (Tiles) up to the height of the stove, so say around 4ft high and the flue must be double lined (A tube within an outer tube). Not really A diy job anymore and it must be signed off as safe.

• Like 1