Bottle Gas Prices

Andrewcook

2 hours ago, Paul said:

that would be a valid argument if the UK economy was behind that of similar countries, but actually it is not which clearly demonstrates that the UK economy is not suffering dramatically because of Brexit. 

Of course it will have some impact, but we expected that, didn't we?

image.png.d9b0a330de63be8dba5542785794f866.png

image.thumb.png.9c9e90437d9a21996b8cf39d35c8e852.png

• Like 1

Statistics , don’t you love them , can bend them to read however you want and claim any statement as factual , one of my favourite examples is :-

In 1996 28% of deaths on the roads in the USA were attributed to use of alcohol , therefor 72% of road deaths occurred where no alcohol was present thereby it is much safer to drive when alcohol has been consumed , the statistics are 100% accurate it’s just the interpretation that is mistaken.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, unclemike said:

for the record  i learned on a volvo FL10  4 wheel unit, it was great.  could put it anywhere ,all our trailers were curtain siders

Ah the FL10.  Known among drivers as the "Wendy house".  I drove one of those for 5 years - and lived snug and comfortable in the cab.  Try backing a 40 ton artic down the loading ramp onto a ferry in Zeebrugge harbour in the dark, with all the yard floodlights shining in your mirrors and then placing it exactly where they want it on the vehicle deck, among the line of other trucks.

Sorts out the sheep from the goats!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Ah the FL10.  Known among drivers as the "Wendy house".  I drove one of those for 5 years - and lived snug and comfortable in the cab.  Try backing a 40 ton artic down the loading ramp onto a ferry in Zeebrugge harbour in the dark, with all the yard floodlights shining in your mirrors and then placing it exactly where they want it on the vehicle deck, among the line of other trucks.

Sorts out the sheep from the goats!

Love it. Love it. A classic Ashby.

Andrew 

12 hours ago, batrabill said:

image.thumb.png.9c9e90437d9a21996b8cf39d35c8e852.png

comparing any q2 results with q4 results will inevitably show a negative as the Q4 figures are always bolstered by the pre christmas purchasing and sales, its a bit like comparing apples to oranges, they are both fruit, and round, but there the similarity ends.

gosh darn, you have me going way off topic now, so lets drag it back, do we think that it is the shortage of drivers that is causing Calors inability to retrieve their empties from the storage cages around the country, or is it their policy of only retrieving empties when they replace them with full?

46 minutes ago, grendel said:

gosh darn, you have me going way off topic now, so lets drag it back, do we think that it is the shortage of drivers that is causing Calors inability to retrieve their empties from the storage cages around the country, or is it their policy of only retrieving empties when they replace them with full?

I don't know if it has anything to with it but I was told about 10 years ago, by CORGI, that refineries intended to phase out butane gas and it would then be propane only.  This is why LPG appliances nowadays as sold as dual fuel, with the regulator set at 30mb, which is about halfway between the two gas operating pressures.  Experience has shown that dual fuel appliances only work properly on propane.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, grendel said:

The latter Peter. Their lorries are still delivering their 'patio gas' weekly. Same gas, different bottle, more profit....

3 hours ago, JanetAnne said:

The latter Peter. Their lorries are still delivering their 'patio gas' weekly. Same gas, different bottle, more profit....

"From October 1st Rugby Fuels Delivery Service will cease.

In-Store collection only:

Due to the UK driver shortage, we can no longer offer a delivery service  for our product's.
If you wish to have your items delivered, there are a number of Delivery companies who can collect from ourselves."

The above is a statement issued by the local fuel supplier.  They used to collect empty bottles when delivering so I wonder how many empty bottles will now be "in the wind"?

Chris

7 hours ago, grendel said:

The problem has been in existence for quite some time now because their supply of new bottles didn`t keep pace with their sales to new customers with no returns, it has worsened over the last couple of years with the increase in new motorhomes and portable BBQs etc and their policy of only exchanging empty`s probably as they have a residual value to the customer which they don`t want to credit.

Fred