Diesel Fuel And Engine Service

jackson

1 hour ago, annv said:

Hi Jackson I suggest you only use F.A.M.E free diesel or the new Gas diesel you then wont get diesel bug and if your engine old a deterioration of the rubber seals and hoses. John

That is a very simplistic take. Diesel bug thrives on the interface between the diesel fuel and the water layer. Whether or not you use FAME free diesel, there is likley to be water in your tank. It gets in off the deck filler and condensation and whilst it's true that the ethanol component of most diesel fuels on the river will also contribute to the problem, searching for and finding FAME free diesel will not prevent the problem. And, that's without considering the cleanliness of the yard's tank that's serving you the fuel or the tanker that delivered it to the yard. 

I am convinced that a tanker delivered 50-70 litres of water to one of my heating oil tanks last year as there's no way that the **&T that I pulled out of it that fouled a boiler had just been building up over time. I pumped gallons out of that tank, from the bottom using a purpose made pickup tube that, if present prior to the delivery, would have fouled the boiler pump yonks ago. My point being that the supply chain can be as much of a problem as your tank. 

we at Horning pleasurecraft are £1.20 for Diesel so not the cheapest in horning but pump access is easy..

we can service virtually anything so depending on what you have  will determine the price. 

Give George  a ring on 01692 630614. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, C.Ricko said:

we at Horning pleasurecraft are £1.20 for Diesel so not the cheapest in horning but pump access is easy..

we can service virtually anything so depending on what you have  will determine the price. 

I can't imagine what you mean about pump access....... :default_eusa_dance:

On 21/09/2021 at 12:04, Chelsea14Ian said:

On the South,as said most hire company  yards will sell.Always best to ask in advance  if possible.Brooms most times I fill up there,WRC. Beccles across from the YS.

If you are using Brooms mostly for your diesel then you are passing Swancraft where I believe it is cheaper Ian.

12 hours ago, C.Ricko said:

@C.Ricko I know roughly where you are, is it down the same dyke as boulters marine, but not sure where down that area you are, I do know the absolute easiest fuel in horning is at the yard next door to the new inn, as its right on the river, any chance you could pin a map to show us where your fuel dock is plese?

Thanks

is it down the same dyke as boulters marine,

No - Not the same dyke as Boulters but the very next one down river.  The Dyke / Entrance is immediately after the last property on the Stbd bank if going down river.

Obviously if approaching up river then its the first dyke immediately  before the first property on the Stbd bank

Griff

• Thanks 2

On 23/09/2021 at 06:36, grendel said:

@C.Ricko I know roughly where you are, is it down the same dyke as boulters marine, but not sure where down that area you are, I do know the absolute easiest fuel in horning is at the yard next door to the new inn, as its right on the river, any chance you could pin a map to show us where your fuel dock is plese?

Thanks

Sorry for the delay but it seems the answers are here before me! 

Thanks everyone ..

• Thanks 1