Woodbastwick

Pikemanmick

1 hour ago, Pikemanmick said:

Hi, could anyone tell me about the parking at woodbastwick, opposite the ferry?  Is parking still there, does it cost and is there a time limit? And potentially is overnight parking allowed?

thanks in advance 

Think there is still parking but not sure on restrictions, it is part of Ferry Marina boat yard so a phone call would give a definitive answer.

Fred

No the road is fine for access except it can flood a lot, often quite deep.

I don't know where the road ends and the staithe begins - the mooring belongs to Cators but where that ends and the road begins, I have not a clue, neither which bit is the staithe and which is owned by them!

I suspect all the mooring is theirs but I wouldn't know which is mooring and whether the staithe bit is actually public with free access - I don't suppose anyone will ask too many questions if you go down there and fish. But you never know with the Cators....!!!!

1 hour ago, marshman said:

No the road is fine for access except it can flood a lot, often quite deep.

I don't know where the road ends and the staithe begins - the mooring belongs to Cators but where that ends and the road begins, I have not a clue, neither which bit is the staithe and which is owned by them!

I suspect all the mooring is theirs but I wouldn't know which is mooring and whether the staithe bit is actually public with free access - I don't suppose anyone will ask too many questions if you go down there and fish. But you never know with the Cators....!!!!

Thanks , it was mainly the parking and for how long during the day, whether overnight parking was possible, whilst possibly night fishing from the bank there.  I have only ever gone past it fishing from a boat and haven’t landed there for years!  Like you say I can’t see many asking questions and if they do I’ll just move on.

yes, just checked, publicly maintainable all the way to the end of the moorings. public highway is interesting as a highway can be in general use and still be a private road, its all down to who maintains it (its a topic I cover regularly at work a we are allowed to lat cables in publicly maintainable highway, but need to get legal rights over private roads with the land owner. the land can actually be owned by someone other than the council and still be public highway too, its all a question of who is responsible for maintaining it. if land owned by someone is public highway and the status is revoked, the land returns to its owner, who is then responsible for maintaining it if it remains in use.

• Like 1

Most roads in this country, are on land owned by someone else. Only for modern roads like motorways and other new roads was land  purchased by the authorities, or on a modern housing estate handed to the council by the developers. I own the land beneath the road outside our house, sadly no chance of that ever being bypassed and returned to the property..