Pipedreams

CambridgeCabby

I recall the spring meet in 2018 when we invited MM aboard for supper with us.  I think old Wussername and I gave a very good account of ourselves and so did Susie and Anne!

Mind you, it was not a competition - just a great evening spent in a great location, by like-minded Broads boating folk. 

If Dr Packman had been there we could have sorted the Broads out for him as well!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Vaughan said:

I recall the spring meet in 2018 when we invited MM aboard for supper with us.  I think old Wussername and I gave a very good account of ourselves and so did Susie and Anne!

Mind you, it was not a competition - just a great evening spent in a great location, by like-minded Broads boating folk. 

If Dr Packman had been there we could have sorted the Broads out for him as well!

It was a memorable evening. Good food, good wine, good company. I have had many such evenings during my life on the river. That was one of the best and one which I will always remember.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, FairTmiddlin said:

Don't think it's a Master of Arts MM has it's more like a professorship.

Takes people and teaches them

A lesson they don't forget:default_biggrin:

Trouble is they don't remember either, only the magistrates version of it.

Left a sunny Ranworth at 09:30 , decided to get the other side of Ludham bridge to avoid the inevitable fun that the 3 Rivers race would undoubtably bring with it , 8ft 6 at the bridge , no need to lower the mast .

Now moored up at Gays Staithe enjoying a breezy but sunny afternoon 

1F272ED7-ABAB-4914-987B-50949C3F1889.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Katie and I (and Bramble) are afloat for the weekend , usual hold-ups on the A11 due to the ongoing roadworks meant the journey of usually 90mins was close to 120mins but we were able to leave the wet shed by 18:15 hrs , currently moored up at Gays Staithe awaiting our curry delivery 

3D073B33-ED5D-4D3E-AC64-CC3343710874.jpeg

9BB3FEAF-ABB5-49A0-8A60-3F2A5DE67EA4.jpeg

3476D3C6-2DF8-47F2-AE41-6DF56D3BE113.jpeg

• Like 9

I was thinking Womack, but the dyke not the staithe. We're at acle bridge at the moment and may pay a visit to Stracey arms in the morning and make our way back up early afternoon and have a drink in the kings arms at ludham.

What do you feed Bramble on? That's good at her age to pile it on a little as long as she gets plenty of exercise as well

• Like 1

She must be doing well on it and having a bit of a growth spurt. 
We were at Salhouse overnight last night and this morning Finlay was really chilled out on the grass, much more so than usual. I know it sounds daft, but I’m sure he remembered being there before, at the meet, when he was having the most wonderful time with the other dogs. I can’t get over how they all got on so well. 

After awaking to a glorious , warm Norfolk day we lest Gays at 10:00 , slow cruise down the Ant , then a dilemma , do I turn left for Womack or right for Ranworth ?

You've probably guessed , right for Ranworth was the decision .

Now moored up on the side dyke one down from the taxi rank , sun shining chairs our , pure bliss !!!!

will post some more Bramble pics soon 

389E3150-FD07-4540-ABBF-D9219123743A.jpeg

image.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1