Pipedreams

CambridgeCabby

Back home now after a relaxing week end , we made our final stop off at Gayes staithe where we washed the numerous leaves off Pipedreams the strong gusts had carried from the Ranworth trees , had a cuppa and packed up , the journey back to Stalham from Gayes saw a break in the weather permitting the roof to be opened , and glorious sky’s formed overhead .

Passed Trixie moored up at Irstead but couldn’t spot London Rascal , sorry we missed you Robin 

76EDB5C2-C95B-4806-AFF0-59CDAD3AABE8.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

This morning we said goodbye to Cerise Lady , delayed due to surveyor being very busy and unable to survey for a couple of weeks , I will certainly miss her .

Left the wet shed finally just before midday , cruised to a very busy Neatishead so carried on under Ludham (8ft showing) and came to a rest on Horning Green watching the antics of the youngsters from The Snowflake sailing club aboard their Toppers and a couple of Lasers .

We saw Griff prior to leaving the wet shed ,whilst I was having my usual unjustified rant at Katie (love you really) , they’re having their mandatory lads maintenance weekend .

We also passed Lulu who were comfortably ensconced on the leccy at Irstead .

It’s a bit drizzly out but hey ho we’re afloat so all’s good , and it’s warm and snug aboard .

We will dine on board this evening and venture over to the Swan to wash the dinner down later .

47EB4603-78C1-4F89-8B17-B822318FF284.jpeg

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Neatishead had a good 10+ fishermen there , three fisherman’s boats ( spaced out with a good 8 to 10 feet between them ) and about 5 cruisers 

I moored there (Neatishead) last night, there were just four boats - three private (all solo) and one HW Ruby with three fishermen on board. So far so good - however this morning Ruby’s engine was started about 05.30 and run until they departed about an hour later. Who knew that HW fitted nav lights! As I was up, I left earlier than planned at 08.00.

On a lighter note I was at Ranworth on Thursday and pleased to report all boats were moored stern on. I left 60p on the meter and thought of Graham (R.I.P).

• Like 1

Bluebell, I was there too last night, on springer’s retreat. So was that you opposite me? Fishing at the back when I spoke to you? What’s your boat name? In future, I’m going to ask everyone if they are on the NBN so as not to miss anyone! Sounds like we picked a quiet night, I did hear the HW boat too this morning. 
I think tonight there’s some sort of gathering at the White Horse, maybe that’s why it’s busy. 

There is a gathering this evening of a group of likeminded “Broadophiles” (won’t mention the group so as not to breech toc’s) , Gayes staithe was also fairly full of cruisers which I presume were there for the same reason.

If you display an NBN window sticker then we would know you’re “one of us” , alternatively if you see me about I have a few vinyl NBN decals you can affix one where ever you so wish , free, but a small donation to NBN funds is always appreciated .

3 hours ago, kpnut said:

Bluebell, I was there too last night, on springer’s retreat. So was that you opposite me? Fishing at the back when I spoke to you? What’s your boat name? In future, I’m going to ask everyone if they are on the NBN so as not to miss anyone! Sounds like we picked a quiet night, I did hear the HW boat too this morning. 
I think tonight there’s some sort of gathering at the White Horse, maybe that’s why it’s busy. 

Yes that was me! I’m on Chiltern Lady…😎

FE4A71E4-6A96-42CB-9B01-48ABC837046E.jpeg