Pipedreams

CambridgeCabby

6 hours ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Travelling up Sunday morning for a few days afloat , trying The New Inn food on Monday , honest appraisal to follow .

Hope to see a few fellow members enjoying the rivers 

Simon and Katie 

Went to The New Inn last night for the first time  in a long time now that dogs are allowed inside. The food was very good with a decent menu. There are so many pubs nowadays with a very basic menu blaming staff shortages  and covid. Prices are reasonable as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Arrived last night at 00:30 , soon asleep and snuggled (in the wet shed) set sail at 09:30 , it WAS a lovely bright sunny crisp morning , Ludham bridge only had approx. 7ft9” , we gently motored to Ranworth , as we came in to moor the sky’s opened and wind began gusting , we got drenched struggling to tie up in the increasing gusts , now moored up side on in the taxi rank moorings sheltering , beef pie for dinner tonight with a warming bottle of red 

0481017C-6170-49F3-88DD-BD5E5D473AAD.jpeg

B159C5C9-AEA3-4D2A-A676-1190068D2779.jpeg

• Like 7

A stormy , windy evening but I slept soundly obviously not assisted by the few pints of Jumper I sampled in the Maltsters last night , which in case you didn’t know is closed on Monday and Tuesdays until April .

Up bright and early this a.m. and the clouds seem to be moving on so fingers crossed .

Katie awoke me with a cup of tea and a bag of goodies for my birthday (my 21st :default_icon_liar:), a new warm bathrobe which immediately went on , a boat log book, some sweeties , fudge and some of my ridiculously pricey favourite aftershave from Penhalligans .

Katie also has ordered some new ropes and ball fenders for Pipedreams for me too 

Destination today , not far , ending up in Horning as we are booked into the New Inn this evening 

• Like 5

Back aboard after a lovely birthday meal at The New Inn , four pints of Ghostship , Pork belly , rump steak , apple and caramel crumble a cheese board , a glass of Merlot and a coffee £63 which for the area was excellent value 5* to the new owners and operators at The New Inn Horning , service from the young staff was exemplary , will certainly revisit regularly .

CE703BFF-358E-4884-A198-42AE0DA100B7.jpeg

493E738A-0A73-46C8-8E97-D6E5B1E3D52B.jpeg

• Like 5

7 hours ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Back aboard after a lovely birthday meal at The New Inn , four pints of Ghostship , Pork belly , rump steak , apple and caramel crumble a cheese board , a glass of Merlot and a coffee £63 which for the area was excellent value 5* to the new owners and operators at The New Inn Horning , service from the young staff was exemplary , will certainly revisit regularly .

Thank you for that good review, and a belated happy birthday.

It's best to give good reviews these days, or not at all.  I have just been reading in the papers that a grandmother and her grandchild were thrown out of a hotel by the police in Georgia, U.S., in the middle of the night, as they had given it a bad review on Hotels.com.

Members should be advised not to give a review of their hire boat until after the end of the week!

• Like 4