Pipedreams

CambridgeCabby

1 hour ago, grendel said:

i am wishing I were there too, but I did get to the beach for several hours

In our house we have a sort of catch phrase ‘don’t go to the beach’ that we use whenever we think one of our sons, especially the eldest, will take too long returning from somewhere, that we use to tease them. Dates back to about 10 years ago when we were staying with my Mam in Holyhead and Harry took our dog Marvin out for his evening walk. They went a lot further than the normal evening walk to the park, compounded by getting lost in the back streets of Holyhead on the way home. It was getting on for midnight by the time they got back.

I’ve often wondered if other families adopt their own catch-phrases like we do.

Glad you're having such a good time Sam. I think we may well be afloat sometime end of next week.  I'm beyond excited now  and can't wait. We haven't seen Hi-Jinks' new canopy yet but the boat tester tell us it's  really nice and as the making and fitting of it was supervised by Gary Applegate at Sheerline,  I'm sure it will be just right. We're just waiting to be craned in  now then we can put stuff on board that is destined for the boat but a bit risky for being  loaded prior to being craned. Incidently, for anyone who is looking for a reliable boat tester,  we've always used Tim Waters for boat testing and we were a bit dismayed to hear he'd retired.Gary recommended Gavin Ralph and after our experience with him would unhesitatingly  do so too. Give my regards to Womak, have a great weekend.

Carole x

On 15/04/2022 at 15:42, CambridgeCabby said:

I think I was on my stroll to the village , Katie did mention she spotted you ………,.,,,,,,eventually

On 15/04/2022 at 14:14, BrundallNavy said:

We did wave as we went past but I think you were tying ropes your better half looked a bit confused. 

My apologies, I didn’t realise it was you until I saw the name on the back - still keep looking for Nipper - plus I was too busy watching the boat rocking back and forth 🤔🤣

Left Ranworth at 10:00 this morning , I’m working tomorrow so intention was to have a quiet cruise and stop for lunch at Gayes , rivers very very busy !!

moored up at Gayes abs we have decided to leave early tomorrow as I don’t have to be at work until 14:30 and the weather is too glorious to not fully enjoy it , especially since I haven’t finish my mini keg of Woodfords Adder cider yet .

A15BB23B-A08F-40F3-95DE-0790585A4A32.jpeg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Hope to see a few of our fellow members afloat this Bank holiday weekend 

We are out on Moonlight Shadow tomorrow for a week (for the first time since September 2019).  We’ve held onto our half share primarily to allow our son and his family to use the summer week, but due to lockdowns have been denied the opportunity to use the spring week for the last two years.  We’re being joined by some friends and although Norfolk Lady could accommodate four, it would be a tad too cosy, so Moonlight Shadow it is, then!

We’re hoping to cross Breydon early Sunday morning, so may see you around.  Not sure where we’ll end up, so I can’t (at this stage), give you a clue as to how best to avoid us!! 😉

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, YnysMon said:

Have a good time Malcolm. Looking forward to seeing some drone shots on MS.

:default_biggrin:

Thanks Helen.  Weather looks a bit grim for next week, mainly dry but cloudy - maybe it’ll perk up a bit!  Who knows?

Yep, the drone will be in action.  Going to try to get some shots and footage for the website!! 😁

Whoops!!  Thread drift - how unusual - sorry CC! :default_coat:

• Like 1