Pipedreams

CambridgeCabby

Well what a weekend !!!

I travelled up Thursday to clean and prepare Pipedreams , Matt my son was working Thursday evening so he, Kate and his partner Poppy left at 07:30 Friday morning with little Bramble ,  they arrived by 09:45 and filled the ships stores and unpacked , we departed the wet shed at 10:45 destination , yup , Ranworth .

Upon arrival at Ranworth the staithe was full so we hovered for about 15mins and a picnic boat departed , that was us sorted for the evening .

A few fellow forum members were all moored up , Griff and the ladies aboard Papava , Rambling Rosie , Nyx and Daisy Chain , Water Rail was on the island and we spotted Peters Joys at anchor in the broad (ok at mudweight) .

A pleasant afternoon watching the dogs at play and enjoying a few drinks with the true gentleman that is our own Maurice Minor then dinner on board (meatballs and pasta) , a short visit to the Maltsters and back on board by 23:30 after joining in a search for a missing lady from a hire boat who was found safe and well after 90mins of us searching .

Departed Ranworth 10:00 to make our way to Salhouse for the days festivities .

a few members were already moored , we made the fifth boat in attendance plus our honorable (alledgedly) Treasurer who had arrived by car .

At approximately 11:45 the CinC led by Water Rail entered the Broad and a marvellous spectacle they made , many festooned with flags and bunting .

We watched them all moor , miraculously not one made a b***s-up, something that rarely occurs when so many spectators are present .

The day ran roughly to schedule and by all accounts was enjoyed by all .

May I add to what Grendel and Ian has already said regarding the way the new Salhouse Ranger came across , she will most certainly be an asset to the charity .

The evening wound down for us by 23:00 it had turned a bit chilly so we retired .

Kate and I rose early at 06:30 walked Bramble , partook of our first smoke of the day ,shoreside , never on board , and started clearing the various rubbish etc from the previous evening , a bit thank you to everyone for clearing their debris so thoroughly .

Thank you to Griff for clearing our blocked sink waste pipe , for coming to the aid of Kate on Springers Retreat when a door was stuck and for installing the new shore facility wc , unless you put it back on BA .

We departed Salhouse by 10:45 to meet up with Rambling Rosie to unload the tentage at Horning Pleasure craft , huge thank you due to those that helped erect and dismantle the tentage , thank you Rambling Rosie for transporting said items from and to Horning and not to forget to thank Clive for storing it for the NBN.

After depositing the tentage at Horning we cruised up to Womack , passed Boatyman on the dyke ans after again having to wait for a space we got onto the staithe closely followed in by Nyx . I spent the afternoon in the company of John and consumed far too much , to the extent that although I know I went to The Kings Arms for dinner I can’t remember much about it.

Up at 06:30 this a.m. as Kate ,Matt , Poppy and little Bramble are returning today , a lazy cruise packing whilst underway saw us leave the wet shed by 13:30 where we drove into Wroxham so I could get some further supplies and they carried on to Cambridge .

I am now solo for the first time on Pipedreams currently moored up at Barton Turf and about to cook carbonara for my dinner 

mimimal photos from Saturday as I was busy and those already published on here are far better than mine own (Thank you Lulu)

5D903769-1408-4821-8FD9-4DC5EC7EA8BF.jpeg

E97FF2B9-256C-4A98-A80F-C9AD6E582829.jpeg

8496C071-0C43-4D56-A742-30EC34BFE62E.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Well what a weekend !!!

I travelled up Thursday to clean and prepare Pipedreams , Matt my son was working Thursday evening so he, Kate and his partner Poppy left at 07:30 Friday morning with little Bramble ,  they arrived by 09:45 and filled the ships stores and unpacked , we departed the wet shed at 10:45 destination , yup , Ranworth .

Upon arrival at Ranworth the staithe was full so we hovered for about 15mins and a picnic boat departed , that was us sorted for the evening .

A few fellow forum members were all moored up , Griff and the ladies aboard Papava , Rambling Rosie , Nyx and Daisy Chain , Water Rail was on the island and we spotted Peters Joys at anchor in the broad (ok at mudweight) .

A pleasant afternoon watching the dogs at play and enjoying a few drinks with the true gentleman that is our own Maurice Minor then dinner on board (meatballs and pasta) , a short visit to the Maltsters and back on board by 23:30 after joining in a search for a missing lady from a hire boat who was found safe and well after 90mins of us searching .

Departed Ranworth 10:00 to make our way to Salhouse for the days festivities .

a few members were already moored , we made the fifth boat in attendance plus our honorable (alledgedly) Treasurer who had arrived by car .

At approximately 11:45 the CinC led by Water Rail entered the Broad and a marvellous spectacle they made , many festooned with flags and bunting .

We watched them all moor , miraculously not one made a b***s-up, something that rarely occurs when so many spectators are present .

The day ran roughly to schedule and by all accounts was enjoyed by all .

May I add to what Grendel and Ian has already said regarding the way the new Salhouse Ranger came across , she will most certainly be an asset to the charity .

The evening wound down for us by 23:00 it had turned a bit chilly so we retired .

Kate and I rose early at 06:30 walked Bramble , partook of our first smoke of the day ,shoreside , never on board , and started clearing the various rubbish etc from the previous evening , a bit thank you to everyone for clearing their debris so thoroughly .

Thank you to Griff for clearing our blocked sink waste pipe , for coming to the aid of Kate on Springers Retreat when a door was stuck and for installing the new shore facility wc , unless you put it back on BA .

We departed Salhouse by 10:45 to meet up with Rambling Rosie to unload the tentage at Horning Pleasure craft , huge thank you due to those that helped erect and dismantle the tentage , thank you Rambling Rosie for transporting said items from and to Horning and not to forget to thank Clive for storing it for the NBN.

After depositing the tentage at Horning we cruised up to Womack , passed Boatyman on the dyke ans after again having to wait for a space we got onto the staithe closely followed in by Nyx . I spent the afternoon in the company of John and consumed far too much , to the extent that although I know I went to The Kings Arms for dinner I can’t remember much about it.

Up at 06:30 this a.m. as Kate ,Matt , Poppy and little Bramble are returning today , a lazy cruise packing whilst underway saw us leave the wet shed by 13:30 where we drove into Wroxham so I could get some further supplies and they carried on to Cambridge .

I am now solo for the first time on Pipedreams currently moored up at Barton Turf and about to cook carbonara for my dinner 

mimimal photos from Saturday as I was busy and those already published on here are far better than mine own (Thank you Lulu)

5D903769-1408-4821-8FD9-4DC5EC7EA8BF.jpeg

E97FF2B9-256C-4A98-A80F-C9AD6E582829.jpeg

8496C071-0C43-4D56-A742-30EC34BFE62E.jpeg

Snap! Exactly where were moored last night 😁

C582EE56-71EA-436C-8728-8CD5D86BB7FE.jpeg

• Like 1

Up bright and early this morning , rained most of the night but currently dry and about 9c.

Is wonderful to be afloat but missing Katie and she took little Bramble with her too!!!

Will set off down the Ant after my breakfast , I love the rivers when they’re deserted early in the morning and you are the first boat to slice through the mirror glass surface .

Not decided where I will end up but I’m sure most of you could hazard a guess where it may well be .

ACDE9EDC-26E1-4738-89DE-0036E688872C.jpeg

• Like 3

A peaceful quiet cruise down the Ant , under Ludham (8ft4) now moored up at …………. Ranworth .

Thank you Peters Joy for letting me know there was a side dyke space available , now moved up a couple as the taxi rank became vacant .

currently warm and dry with ominous skies overhead 

C67A04CD-DDC3-415D-8C59-284A1737D50E.jpeg

560C65EA-1DBC-4679-897F-AD761F1A4361.jpeg

• Like 8

I spent the afternoon in the company of John and consumed far too much , to the extent that although I know I went to The Kings Arms for dinner I can’t remember much about it.

He 'Got' you too did he?  He's dangerous is that there John.  I remember quite well my encounter with him on Friday afternoon

Griff

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

I spent the afternoon in the company of John and consumed far too much , to the extent that although I know I went to The Kings Arms for dinner I can’t remember much about it.

He 'Got' you too did he?  He's dangerous is that there John.  I remember quite well my encounter with him on Friday afternoon

Griff

I was a brief witness to that encounter- I'm impressed you remember Friday afternoon :default_beerchug:

:default_rofl:

• Haha 2

Left Fleet Dyke at 10:00am , sun our roof down , wanted to pop into Ranworth to get some milk before deciding my days destination , staithe full …. But no!! was called by a holiday maker I met earlier in the week that the corner space aka the taxi rank was available if I could get in it , that’s me sorted moored up leccy on and sorted , I’m staying .

want to leave early to get to the upper reaches of the Ant tomorrow before the 3R‘s race gets underway , Katie and Bramble arriving tomorrow evening .

Boatyman and Tempest were also at the staithe and I got to meet the two beautiful placid canine crew members with Tempest , they are absolutely beautiful dogs!!

Bit overcast and breezy but hey ho , I’m afloat so very happy .

Enjoying a refreshing pint or two on the green before cooking my evening meal .

oh and I have no excuse for my intoxication just stupidity and the belief I could compete with a master of his art .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CambridgeCabby said:

oh and I have no excuse for my intoxication just stupidity and the belief I could compete with a master of his art .

Don't think it's a Master of Arts MM has it's more like a professorship.

Takes people and teaches them

A lesson they don't forget:default_biggrin: