Digital Retune 17.8.2011

Hylander

If this is in the wrong place can it be moved please.

Did as we were told in the NR34 area and duly retuned the Freeview yesterday and now we have no Sky News. Is this progress? Anyone else had any bother. What will happen when we have two more retune in November I dread to think.

i'm in nr34 as well and now only have 105 channels i'm sure we had more than that before the re-tune

on a positive note now i'm at Goodchild's temporarily we can actually get a good signal 24/7

while at wrc most of the time we couldn't get anything apart from analogue :)

Yes we definitely have less channels, some of the channels are such tripe anyway and the good ones they managed to let disappear. UKTVgold used to be on Freeview and one that gave you Escape to the country etc that went but no we have to have Dave (!) and some I wouldnt mention on here. We must have picked up at least 8 Adult channels, but no Sky News which was good. Can pick up Sky News on one TV but it breaking up the whole time. Cannot imagine what will happen after the next two lots of re-tunes that we have to do. I was hoping that it was all going to improve big time.

Cannot imagine what will happen after the next two lots of re-tunes that we have to do. I was hoping that it was all going to improve big time.

Quite why they keep asking us to retune I don't understand,, personally I haven't bothered and we still get all the channels we used to.

The power increase comes on 11/11 and then I probably will (retune).

I was hoping that it was all going to improve big time.

As John said, the power increase is not happening till November.

That's when the signal improvement should be noticed.

If you could tell me how to stop Sky appearing on my TV I'd be very grateful :naughty:

When you see something like sky..... on your tv guide

Avoid pressing OK.

This will work for all unwanted channels. ice slice

If you could tell me how to stop Sky appearing on my TV I'd be very grateful :naughty:

Borrow someone's five year old child

and get him to set them as locked under your parental guidence settings

(of yes and tell him to keep the pass code to himself).

Don't bother trying to do it yourself or even ask the parents to do it for you,

kids are far better at these electrical things....

Okay I think that one was a bit lost on everyone..

Sky are not my favourite company right now because of the F1 deal..

Argg. I see .... I am in full agreement with you. I will never pay sky's subscription for the sport channel and hope many other's follow. For a sport that relies heavily on sponsership I hope the team bosses object strongly. :cry

Am I reading right here , you are saying that our precious F1 is now going to Sky Sports along with all our beloved national sports that occur? Like you I feel very cheated and it is only those with money to waste can afford to watch. :cry

Yep, Half the races next year will be live on Sky with highlights on the beeb.

Yup, although there is another way involving Radio 5 live for audio and a satellite receiver pointed at one of the central european birds..

Oddly trading standards in our area have been targeting those selling the polish boxes as they regard receiving all premiership matches, all sporting events and the like for free as theft in the UK.... so the question is - We pay a fortune and the Beeb / Sky etc deliver it to foreign stations for free virtually!!!

Loosing F1 from terestrial tv is definitaly a backward move and although may be good for Mr Ecclestones coffers is certainly a huge loss for those without a top py-tv package