Wish You Were Here 1975

YnysMon

What a great find of old boats, yards, Roy's etc. Including Golden plover the oldest cruiser still on hire in the late 70s/early 80s at Lloynes (20s/30s boat). I will need to spend an age studying all the boats. Looks like it was filmed in 1974 just before the arrival of Richardsons Gem fleet however Ranworth appeared to be taken over by a large chunk of the large woodies fleet at Stalham including Fulmars and Broads ventures plus a very nice Hearts cruiser and in the background a Topdeck American houseboat type cruiser from Oulton Broad

Must remember my rubber soled shoes! Anyway well worth a watch for a boat spotter like me

Neil

• Like 1

4 hours ago, YnysMon said:

Loved this, especially the advice toward the end of the video on safety, delivered by no less than the Vicar of Ranworth.

Q from Interviewer: How much risk is there in a holiday on the Broads ?

A from Vicar: ... It's a marvellous thing that there have been only 20 drownings on the Broads in the last 5 years !

That aside, it did bring back a lot of memories of our family holidays over a number of years. I'm sure I caught a glimpse of a boat and family that looked like us ...

The first time I ever got drunk was on the Broads. I think I was about 12 years old at the time, and some older lads had bought me a few shandies :default_drink_2:

• Like 3