New Boat Finally Finished

ExSurveyor

Finally finished all the jobs on my new boat.

Having sold the Broom Scorpio I have a 10 year old Shetland Family Four, acquired locally, I decided to have it on the drive for a week to cut and polish it and generally tidy it up before bringing it up to Norfolk.

Then I broke my foot with a nasty spiral break.

I have ended up with it here for 6 weeks but I have added considerably to the list of jobs.

Every job took 3 times as long as it should and I had to keep resting my foot to avoid Matron giving me grief.

I managed,

Cut and polish with a ceramic coating,

New carpets,

Reseal all windows, cleats and through hull fittings.

Tighten every screw and bolt, nothing had been tightened in 10 years.

Fit security bolts to the outboard.

Fit new helm seats. I went for large base free-standing adjustable  pedastals usually found in posh bars and comfortable marine seats, the same as supplied to the RNLI  for passengers seats in the largest lifeboats, adjustable arms, back and lumbar support. I did remove the lap belts though. I hate uncomfortable seats.

Rebuild the cabin door and hatch cover. This was made from hardwood ply with oak edging. The oak came from a victorian drop leaf table I dismantled last year.
7 coats of yacht varnish later I now hate yacht varnish. I redesigned the door to fold and lift off for storage.

Today the children and grandchildren came for the name changing ceremony. Three of the grandchildren have had boats named after them. The fourth one, Knight, was last on the list. He loves chess and is a bright and funny 10 year old. He did the full ceremony including the proper names for each of the four winds and a splash of the fizzy stuff for each. He then quietly finished off the rest of the glass.

Tuesday I will be towing it up to Norfolk for launching and 10 days resting my foot :default_biggrin:

IMG_20211010_155052.thumb.jpg.8a8f7daa0ce46f6166b0e3c663a2d0fa.jpg

IMG_20211010_163805.jpg

IMG_20211010_164000.jpg

IMG_20211010_164255.jpg

IMG_20211010_164143.jpg

IMG_20211009_130824.jpg

• Like 13
  • Love 2